Callout Text Size?

dbkb0227

I am doing a bunch of interior elevations for a client. I scale down the callout to fit in each room but the text does not get any smaller. I tried to change it in defaults but it does not appear to change when I create a new callout. What am I doing wrong?

I feel like I am walking under a bridge that has 37 men and 3 damsels poised to pour red hot burning oil on me............  but here goes,.......  I know guys,  I know guys,  no plan,  I am going against my animal instincts,  this is a real stab in the dark but there goes.......  the text style is controlled by TEXT STYLE and not USE LAYER FOR TEXT STYLE.......  gosh,  am going to get under the bridge without the wrath of 37 men and 3 damsels or will I feel the hot gooey oil pour down the nape of my neck  Time will tell.

post-50-0-33279000-1442857428_thumb.png

These are interior elevation cameras changed to callouts but still act as interior elevation cameras. I do not have the option "text style" when I open one of these up. I see the option "callout size" and when I change that, only the arrow and circle changes size but not the text. When I change the text height in the callout specifications, is does not change the text in these camera displays. I have the text height in the callout specifications set at 1" but it still shows at 4 1/2" in the callouts.

I'm confused. You need a copy of the plan i'm working on?

Yes.  

If you can't figure it out and the plan is in front of you,  what are the chances of me figuring it out without the plans in front of me?  

I already took one stab at a solution and I failed miserably.  Do you want me to keep guessing until I get it right or would you mind posting the plan so I can help you out in  one quick shot?

I swear,  90% of the time if I try to help somebody out without a plan,  I end up spending 15 minutes instead of 4 minutes solving THEIR problem.

Yes.  

If you can't figure it out and the plan is in front of you,  what are the chances of me figuring it out without the plans in front of me?  

I already took one stab at a solution and I failed miserably.  Do you want me to keep guessing until I get it right or would you mind posting the plan so I can help you out in  one quick shot?

I swear,  90% of the time if I try to help somebody out without a plan,  I end up spending 15 minutes instead of 4 minutes solving THEIR problem.

Are you for real? I'm just looking for a little help while I try to learn this program. Don't you have Chief Architect? How hard is it for you to draw 4 walls, highlight the interior, create room elevation views and change the wall elevation camera to a callout in plan display. Because that's all I'm doing. And then when I change the callout size the text doesn't change. I even tried it in a brand new drawing file. It appears somebody else might have provided a simple solution that I GREATLY appreciate!!! And as it turns out, it was a simple solution! If you feel I was wasting your time with this post, then don't waste my time with your mumbling nonsense responses about "walking under a bridge that has 37 men and 3 damsels poised to pour red hot burning oil on me"......as you put it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Are you for real? I'm just looking for a little help while I try to learn this program. Don't you have Chief Architect? How hard is it for you to draw 4 walls, highlight the interior, create room elevation views and change the wall elevation camera to a callout in plan display. Because that's all I'm doing. And then when I change the callout size the text doesn't change. I even tried it in a brand new drawing file. It appears somebody else might have provided a simple solution that I GREATLY appreciate!!! And as it turns out, it was a simple solution! If you feel I was wasting your time with this post, then don't waste my time with your mumbling nonsense responses about "walking under a bridge that has 37 men and 3 damsels poised to pour red hot burning oil on me"......as you put it.

I apologize for wasting your time,  it won't happen again.

• Upvote 5

Ok - Lets wrap this up

your camera labels(  1. ) are not set to automatic 

personally i do not use the automatic text below line as I will typically have the same camera on a couple of pages and it make the label too big.

Make sure to click ( 2. ) automatic

Then the label sizes are driven by the Cameras ( 3. ) - Text Style ( 4. )

Which is edited in saved text styles ( 5. ) and & ( 6. )

So - If you push the plan at 1/4" the camera callouts will automatically be at 4" then when you change the layer set and push, as say 1/2" you change the "Text Style" to 1/2"  text style.

post-182-0-06899600-1442862812_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

These are interior elevation cameras changed to callouts but still act as interior elevation cameras. I do not have the option "text style" when I open one of these up. I see the option "callout size" and when I change that, only the arrow and circle changes size but not the text. When I change the text height in the callout specifications, is does not change the text in these camera displays. I have the text height in the callout specifications set at 1" but it still shows at 4 1/2" in the callouts.

I'm confused. You need a copy of the plan i'm working on?

Please bear in mind that there are a huge number of variables that come into play.  People like Scott donate many many many hours to help people like you and I sort through their problems and it is extremely common for the OP to miscommunicate what exactly they are doing or to overlook any number of variables or settings that may come into play. 

In this example, Scott took 10 minutes of his time trying to solve your issue not realizing you were using cameras...something he would have known if you had attached  the plan. 

Its just a good idea to get into the habit of attaching the plan (even a stripped down version with just enough information top show your problem).  It takes a ton of the guesswork out and saves everyone a lot of time. 

Please bear in mind that there are a huge number of variables that come into play.  People like Scott donate many many many hours to help people like you and I sort through their problems and it is extremely common for the OP to miscommunicate what exactly they are doing or to overlook any number of variables or settings that may come into play. 

In this example, Scott took 10 minutes of his time trying to solve your issue not realizing you were using cameras...something he would have known if you had attached  the plan. 

Its just a good idea to get into the habit of attaching the plan (even a stripped down version with just enough information top show your problem).  It takes a ton of the guesswork out and saves everyone a lot of time. 

I understand and I will remember this next time. I was just asking questions because I was confused by his mumbling nonsense. He made it clear that he wastes a lot of his time on other peoples "problems". He would have saved a lot of his time and my time if he would have just said "attach the plan" or not even responded at all because there was no plan attached.

• Downvote 1

Thanks Mickey. 

Its just a crappy video (a hommage to Scott's "crappy" ray traces) but hopefully it helped someone.  I've only made a few but I've quickly realized that I learn a lot simply making one and often times what I learn or what someone else may learn watching them may have absolutely zero to do with the subject matter. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...