Disappearing Foundations

kellytengdahl

Hello I have been having a bit of a problem with a plan I'm doing.

I'm trying to do my elevations but the foundation will appear perfect for about 3 seconds and then disappear. I have attached the file I have been working on and just cannot figure it out. I've tried rebuilding walls, layer displays, etc.

can someone please help? I'm about to lose my mind :wacko:

X6, PC Windows 7

Maddison.plan

Could it be that you are placing your camera outside of the terrain.

When you do the camera view, the terrain may take the 3 seconds to rebuild, but then the terrain skirt is hiding your foundation.

I can't open your plan because I don't have access to Chief at the moment, so this is just a wild guess.

Try placing the camera inside the terrain.

Hi Kelly

"Please do not loose your mind - Chief Architect is not worth that pain."

Had a look at the plan - see no problems  with the elevations

However - you seem to be using Chief Architect without a layout - using it a little like a 2D Auto cad old system.

Could you please specify in a little more detail and see if I can help - I notice your are in Queensland - you can call if you require more help.

Cheers - Michael

Manias Associates

Building Designers

(03)9347-7347

0417 567 123

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think its video card as I am currently doing all of our 25 standard plans and this is the only one that has caused me this grief all of my others work perfectly fine in x6 & x7, I'll check for updates to be sure.

I'll have a look to see if it works in x7 I didn't check this plan.

As for layouts yes I'm using them, I'm putting my 25 plans onto the one layout book to print them all at once for our sales people.

The reference to Autocad you may be talking about is I'm converting all the plans from "AutoCAD" to Chief and you may see my "AutoCAD" layer is turned ON its a massive job 

Thanks again guys. I do feel that I may have to redraw this one and see if I caused it to glitch somewhere along the way as its seems to be the only one.... 

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think its video card as I am currently doing all of our 25 standard plans and this is the only one that has caused me this grief all of my others work perfectly fine in x6 & x7, I'll check for updates to be sure.

I'll have a look to see if it works in x7 I didn't check this plan.

As for layouts yes I'm using them, I'm putting my 25 plans onto the one layout book to print them all at once for our sales people.

The reference to Autocad you may be talking about is I'm converting all the plans from "AutoCAD" to Chief and you may see my "AutoCAD" layer is turned ON its a massive job

Thanks again guys. I do feel that I may have to redraw this one and see if I caused it to glitch somewhere along the way as its seems to be the only one....

I think the reference to AutoCAD was due to the way you're creating your set of working drawings. It appears as if you are doing it all right inside of the plan file rather than using a layout file to create your plan set. If that's what works for you...go for it, but its highly unusual (I for one have never seen anyone else do it that way).

The "standard" procedure is to send your plan and elevation views to layout (which become your working drawings). If you want to combine them all into one set of plans for printing, I personally wouldn't use a layout file to do that, I would just combine multiple layouts into one PDF.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the reference to AutoCAD was due to the way you're creating your set of working drawings. It appears as if you are doing it all right inside of the plan file rather than using a layout file to create your plan set. If that's what works for you...go for it, but its highly unusual (I for one have never seen anyone else do it that way).

The "standard" procedure is to send your plan and elevation views to layout (which become your working drawings). If you want to combine them all into one set of plans for printing, I personally wouldn't use a layout file to do that, I would just combine multiple layouts into one PDF.

i'm not creating working drawings for each of these jobs i'm creating a plans book (this is for all of our companies plans as a marketing tool) its made up of floor plans and front elevation only for 25 different houses. meaning i can print all 25 houses from 1 layout not from 1 individual file. if that makes sense

working drawings are something completely different to what im doing.

i'm not creating working drawings for each of these jobs i'm creating a plans book (this is for all of our companies plans as a marketing tool) its made up of floor plans and front elevation only for 25 different houses. meaning i can print all 25 houses from 1 layout not from 1 individual file. if that makes sense

working drawings are something completely different to what im doing.

No matter...my point was that you are using the plan file itself to create your pages...that is just unusual is all.