Home Designer pro vs CA interiors

Sabine77

I have a background in interior design , but have been out of the industry for 10 years. I am now getting ready to do an extensive remodel of my own home and would like a good program with lots of options for customizing, photorealistic models, etc. I like the idea of using a proffesional program such as the CA interiors... however considering the substantial cost I am wondering how much I would compromise if I settled for the home designer pro? Does the home designer offer the same brand specific cabinets, etc? How good are the 3d models? I have a very old version of Home designer pro , (7.0 from 2006)... It was very easy to use however it was extremely limited and the library options were dated even back in 06. and the 3d modeling was not very realistic. Has the Home designer pro improved since?
Thanks!

Chief Interiors costs about 2K$ and Home Designer Pro 2016 costs $495. If I were an interior designer I would pay the extra money for Interiors for photo realism alone. It is your money and your decision, you get what you pay for in terms of money and your willingness to learn, study and practice. DJP

not  sure if Ver.7 qualifies for an Upgrade Pricing Rebate ? ( online only shows back to ver.10)  but you can download the HD Pro Trial for free and Try it, graphics ae pretty good (render Only) , but if you want Photo Realism (Ray Tracing) then CA Interiors or Premier are the only options , however  if only doing it for a 1 off project perhaps a bit expensive ?

Mick:

the cost of Premier can be quite reasonable even for a 1 off project

if the user truly learns the program enough to get the project done

they can save $$$ in design fees etc greater than the cost of the software

they can they re-sell Premier for about 80% of its cost

Lew

Hello,

Thank you for the questions and for your interest in Chief Architect Software. The Chief users above have offered some good advice. You may find this comparison matrix helpful which shows the feature differences between Home Designer Pro and Chief Architect Premier & Interiors. https://d37kxq42vikeaj.cloudfront.net/1/pdf/sales/x7-feature-matrix-hdpro2016.pdf

You can see the differences between the downloadable manufacturer and bonus content available in Home Designer Pro versus Chief Architect by following these links.

Chief Architect Content

Home Designer Pro Content

You may consider the software rental for Chief Architect as a lower cost of entry or if this is a one time project. The rental is $199 per month and you can cancel any time. If you rent for 15 consecutive months you then own the software license. Here is information about the software rental. http://www.chiefarchitect.com/software-rental/

Feel free to call or email us in the sales department. 208-292-3400 or sales@chiefarchitect.com

Derek

Chief Architect Software

you can also buy a  used version of Chief Premiers

if needed you can upgrade to X7 and be rocking

work with CA's sales to verify you are buying a valid license

transfer fee is normally $50 but can range to $400+

depending on type of license being sold

bottom line the deal should cost about $500 less or more than buying X7 direct

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/6609-chief-architect-x-5-premier-for-sale/

Lew