Joe's Macro a month Subscription Service

Joe_Carrick

I will provide one macro a month ($2.50 / month, paid in advance for a year).  Macros will be provided based on requests from subscribers.  I will determine priorities based on the number of requests and general user applicability.  If it can be done in less than 25 lines it will be added to the to-do list.

Each month I will distribute to all current subscribers that month's macro.  I will also maintain and publish a list of prior macros that can be purchased for $2.50 each.

Sep 2015 - Format_Number (see post #7)

Living Area Bonus Package (see post #5)

Oct 2015 - Opening Labels w Header (see post #8)

Nov 2015 - Post Footing Labels (see post #16)

Dec 2015 - Wall Labels (see post #19)

Jan 2016 - BlockName (see post #37)

Feb 2016 - Stair Label - Section & Stair Label - Total (see post #39)

Mar 2016 - CounterTops (see post #40)

Arp 2016 - Opening Header Label (see post #41)

May 2016 - _Chief Architect Version (Displays the Version of Chief Architect in use)

June 2016 - Area_Perimeter_Volume (Displays those values for Polyline, PSolid & Solids) (see post #43)

July 2016 - Floor Name (Displays the Floor Name in a Text Box) (see post #44)

Aug 2016 - Vent Labels (Displays a 2 line Label for Vents) (see post #49)

This subscription system doesn't include any of my "Macro Packages":

Site Area Analysis Package ($75.00)

Building Area Analysis Package ($100.00)

Roof Area Analysis Package ($50.00)

Project and Consultants Package ($35.00) http://screencast.com/t/EUwgvruMXz0H

Wordwrap Package ($25.00)

Framing Labels ($50.00)

Openings ($35.00)

Vents ($25.00)

Areas - X8 Hash Table Area Analysis ($25.00 non-subscribers- or $15 for subscribers)

etc.

which can be purchased separately.  Contact me for the details of these comprehensive Packages.

To Subscribe, click on the email address listed below.

joe.carrick@dslextreme.com

The 2.50/mo.  (30.00 for a year)  sounds more than fair.  If I get one macro a year out of this,  it is money well spent.  I can think of at least one macro that I need,  can you  suggest a  few others you might be able to provide.  Consider me signed up.  I will pay you as soon as  you get your system set  up.

Thanks Joe,  much appreciated.

The 2.50/mo.  (30.00 for a year)  sounds more than fair.  If I get one macro a year out of this,  it is money well spent.  I can think of at least one macro that I need,  can you  suggest a  few others you might be able to provide.  Consider me signed up.  I will pay you as soon as  you get your system set  up.

Thanks Joe,  much appreciated.

Click on my email address in Post #1 to sign up.

You can email your macro wishes to me.  Requests for macros from non-subscribers will not be put on the list.

Count me in also.

Click on my email address in Post #1 to sign up

The first 25 subscribers will get a bonus package of 3 macros:

%Living Areas_Get Totals%     accumulates the names and areas of each floor living area

%Living Area Table%               displays the area of each floor and the total as a table

%Living Area Total%                displays the total living are of all floors

The first is simply added to the default room label to accumulate the areas.

The other two can be place in a Text Box or a Rich Text Box to display their output as shown below

1st Floor 302.00 Sq.Ft.

2nd Floor 249.00 Sq.Ft.

=====================================

Total Living Area 551.00 Sq.Ft.

Total Living Area = 551.0 Sq.Ft.

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent out the macros for 09/2015.  In addition to the Living_Area Bonus, this month included a file that adds Ruby methods to automatically format numbers into the standard display for the type of plan (Imperial or Metric). 

This allows a value in inches to be displayed in feet-inches-fractions:

80.8725  -->  6'-8 7/8" (rounded to a specified fraction - in this case 1/8's)

or a value in mm to be display in m

7650  -->  7.650 m (automatically displayed to 3 significant places)

• 1 month later...

The October Macro of the Month is:

Opening Labels w Header - sample output:

X7:  W04 - 3040 SH - (3) 2x6 Hdr 

X8:  W04 - 3040 SH

(3) 2x6 Hdr

X8:  W04 - 3040 SH

Tempered

Egress

(3) 2x6 Hdr

Note:  In X8 if the opening is Tempered an/or Egress, those options will also be displayed in the Label

• 3 weeks later...

The November Macro of the Month is:

Post Ftg Label - sample output

24"x24"x12" FTG

w/ (3) #4's e.w.

16" Dia x 12" FTG

Note:  This macro requires X8 to be used in a Label - but it can be used in a Text Box with Arrow in X7.  The reinforcing depends on the size of the footing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The December Macro of the Month is:

Wall Label - sample output:

Wall 1.01

Wall 1.02

Wall 1.03

Wall 1.04

Wall 2.08

Wall 2.09

Wall 2.10

Wall 2.11

The whole number is the Floor and the decimal number is the Wall #.  The Project Browser Wall Details will have the same names as the Wall Labels.

Coming in January - big news!!!

The January macro will provide named Polyline Areas in a Hash Table.  The Polyline will be Labeled with the name and the area.  Those areas will be available for use in other user Text Macros to perform calculations and display the results.

This will mean you can have a Polyline named "Building 1 (E)", another named "Building 1 (D)" and will be able to subtract the 2nd from the 1st to get the remainder.  Whatever calculations you want to make is up to you.  There is no limit on the number of closed PLines so performing area analysis calculations and displaying can be exactly the way you want it.

Coming in January - big news!!!

The January macro will provide named Polyline Areas in a Hash Table.  The Polyline will be Labeled with the name and the area.  Those areas will be available for use in other user Text Macros to perform calculations and display the results.

This will mean you can have a Polyline named "Building 1 (E)", another named "Building 1 (D)" and will be able to subtract the 2nd from the 1st to get the remainder.  Whatever calculations you want to make is up to you.  There is no limit on the number of closed PLines so performing area analysis calculations and displaying can be exactly the way you want it.

That my friend will make CARRICKS'S MACRO OF THE MONTH invaluable,   thank you thank you thank you.

Hmmmm

Unless Joe has some inside advance knowledge that Chief is adding a writable name attribute to polylines, this has always been possible for the last two years.  Not sure what this has to do with X8??  IAE-- if you want to see more capabilities in this area, be sure and express your appreciation of Joe's macros to Chief's tech support after they come out.

The ONLY reason we don't have more capabilities in this area is because you don't!!

Gerry,

There isn't a

Hmmmm

Unless Joe has some inside advance knowledge that Chief is adding a writable name attribute to polylines, this has always been possible for the last two years.  Not sure what this has to do with X8??  IAE-- if you want to see more capabilities in this area, be sure and express your appreciation of Joe's macros to Chief's tech support after they come out.

The ONLY reason we don't have more capabilities in this area is because you don't!!

Gerry,

X8 doesn't provide a "writable name attribute to polylines".  That is something that I've asked for repeatedly but CA has not provided it as yet.  But there's another way to do it in X8.

The macro I've created was never possible before X8 - at least not in any way that was realistically feasible for the average user, myself included.  This is a single macro that can be assigned to the "Label" of any Polyline.  That's all that it takes - a separate macro isn't needed for each Polyline and Text Boxes with arrows connected to the Polylines are not needed. 

When I release this to the Macro a Month Club subscribers, I will also provide a video of how it works and instructions on creating user macros to add/subtract the various PLine Areas.  Non subscribers can purchase this macro package (including a set of companion display macros) for $10.