Set different size RM dimension txt

johnny

Use a Rich Text Box.  You can put it on it's own Layer, control colors, fill, text size, font, etc.  I still have my Room Labels displayed, but they are very small, white, locked. so they aren't really visible and don't get inadvertently selected.

When you place the RTB in a Room it will pick up the data from the room.  You can even add an arrow if you need to place the RTB outside the room.

post-47-0-83553300-1442602281_thumb.jpg

Thank you - I think I understand what you are saying in that you can have your own rich text with macros that pickup this data in the format you want. 

You got it.  The reason I still have the regular room labels (albeit virtually invisible) is that I have other macros embedded that accumulate room data for area & volume analysis.

So I dont start another thread - can someone tell me if its possible to change the default color of brown-ish color used in sections?

What I believe you are seeing is framing material...plywood and/or stud material.  Just use Adjust Material Definition (rainbow tool) and change the color. 

What I believe you are seeing is framing material...plywood and/or stud material.  Just use Adjust Material Definition (rainbow tool) and change the color. 

That worked!!!.....BUT, when I send to layout the fill is gone.  Is there a way to get that over to layout?

I've personally never wanted any of those colors or fills in layout.  As far as I know, the only way to do that is to send it as an image.

My personal preference is to poche the structure sections @ 1/4 or less scale, but then reference larger 1/2+ scale detail sections.  This is a very fast method actually, and I think looks better -  - but its a personal preference only.

Wow, I just realized you can't send any vector based color drawings to layout except through an image.  That seems odd to me - and with large format color printers being more common I think CA should provide this ability very soon.  Many architects/designers are using color (vector) throughout their plans.

traditional_exterior_elevation.jpg

One more real quick question - wasn't there an option for turning off the floor plan visual for window/door trim?  I know in X3 or 4 there wasn't any trim visible for the floor plan, and I personally like this clean view.  I realize I can turn off the layers, but I really thought there was an option in defaults or somewhere..?

Thanks again for all the help.

Wow, I just realized you can't send any vector based color drawings to layout except through an image.  That seems odd to me - and with large format color printers being more common I think CA should provide this ability very soon.  Many architects/designers are using color (vector) throughout their plans.

traditional_exterior_elevation.jpg

This is a great suggestion,  CA,  please make this happen for X8,  thank you.

You know Johnny,  using color for CD's is too expensive now,  but I am with you,  very soon the color prints will be very cheap and all plans will be in color.  CA,  please give us the ability to send colored renderings, whether standard,  vector,  glass house etc. to layout.   Thank You.....   by X8 if you have time to fit it in.