ICF concrete floor structure (framing) like insuldeck / quad-deck

pacificstart

Go to solution Solved by johnny,

Greetings

I am new to Chief and currently designing an ICF house with Insuldeck floors.

What I did to build the floors is a main concrete layer with 2" insulation below.

This is not completely accurate since I need to mark the floor penetrations for HVAC / plumbing and create tray ceilings where ducting and pipes cannot be placed between the concrete joists of the floor system.

So I layed out a floor material region with vertical or horizontal hashing lines depending on the direction of the joists and set it so it appears to be spaced at 24' in order to match the floor joists spacing (24" OC). This is not completely accurate since the actual joists have a profile that varies in width from 5" at the bottom to 7" near the top while the hashing lines represent only the center of the joists. And this method only works in floorplan view. It does give an indication on where the joists are though.

I am wondering if there is a better way to represent this type of floor structure in a more accurate manner? Something like creating a molding profile and placing it inside the floor?

If this is what you are talking about one of the more advanced users will need to help you. I can tell you that under the "floor structure" Dbx you can add layers and thicknesses, including associated materials which will give you everything but the actual insuldeck sections. Perhaps your idea is good of using a profile of this shape and making "molding poly-lines" for the runs.

(added)

or you could create a symbol of this and place stretch-planes in so as you increase or decrease the size it will scale correctly.  Doing this might be the best bet.

post-75-0-27199900-1442537634_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-68101900-1442537849_thumb.jpg

• Solution

I guess if I was you I would have gone the symbol way - and then place your "stretch planes" in the correct spot.  Here are the reasons.

1. You can have the actual shape with concrete and "air" space.

2. Set the distance from floor, so it inserts the correct place.

3. Set stretch zones

You could even place the rebar, but here is a symbol I did for you real quick.  I'm doing things like this to practice with CA.

post-75-0-52701800-1442615015_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-62064400-1442615020_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-75660800-1442615025_thumb.jpg

insuldeck.plan

• Upvote 3