floating second floor

Randyc

As Johnny pointed out, the exterior wall type needs to be changed and those blank areas will cover just fine. 

Curious, why would it matter what material type you chose for the exterior? Other than the stupid obvious that drywall won't weather that well. It should still build no matter the material yeah?

And you need the floor framing to fill that gap me thinks.

Actually the problem is because he has what is in effect a single material wall.  He has a core,  yet his finishes on inside and outside of wall is set to 0" thick.  The exterior layer is what covers the floor joist so there is no "floating".

"And the fans go wild"  they are screaming that the troll deserves a few points.....  I am begging,  can I get some points?

• Upvote 3

You got one Glenn...... anyway, you would of found it in a second.....  I think I might deserve double points because I really knew the answer before I opened the plan.......

Hey,  thanks Randy for posting the plan,  see how quick the answers come when the plan is posted.

• Upvote 1

I realize there may have been another answer about letting him keep his drywall exterior, but the simple fact is he does need exterior walls - - I wasn't thinking of a way to let him keep his drywall exterior surface and have the joist level fill in with wall material.....i guess unless he was building this garage structure inside another larger building....hummmm....

:P

• Upvote 1

You got one Glenn...... anyway, you would of found it in a second.....  I think I might deserve double points because I really knew the answer before I opened the plan.......

Hey,  thanks Randy for posting the plan,  see how quick the answers come when the plan is posted.

There you go, another point - look out now that I know what points are.

• Upvote 1

I realize there may have been another answer about letting him keep his drywall exterior, but the simple fact is he does need exterior walls - - I wasn't thinking of a way to let him keep his drywall exterior surface and have the joist level fill in with wall material.....i guess unless he was building this garage structure inside another larger building....hummmm....

:P

I would give Johnny a negative vote here,  but he is such a great guy and an asset,  I have to give him a point for participating.

• Upvote 2

I would give Johnny a negative vote here,  but he is such a great guy and an asset,  I have to give him a point for participating.

Thank you sir.....so you know I was being silly in that message which is why I used the tongue sticking out emoticon.

+1 to you too!