Handicap railing

RGWhite

I just made a handicap ramp.  The default is 1:12 in the program.  So I made an aluminum railing with the extensions to fit the ramp.  It fastens to the standard post in the default railing.  I sent this aluminum railing to the library so it could be used again.  The problem is when I try to resize it, it changes the angle.  Is there a way to stretch it so as to maintain the same angle?  So far I have opened the symbol specification and rotated it +/- deg to adjust, but Ithough there was a way to imput the stretch planes so this would maintain the angle as I lenghten or shorten the rail.

I assume you created the railing as a symbol? Stretch planes can't be rotated, so your railing geometry that is angled will distort when you apply the transformation. I can't think of any way around this without having to build a new symbol for each unique ramp run.

However, an alternative is to use the default railing tools for the ramp, then add 3D molding polylines for the extensions. Positioning the extensions "just right" can be a PITA, but the results aren't too bad. Here are the side elevation and an ortho view:

post-95-0-32940400-1442322639_thumb.png

post-95-0-88877400-1442322646_thumb.png

In plan view you need to manually draw the railings and extensions with CAD. And, unfortunately, Chief doesn't allow us to define the profile for the bottom rail.

Thanks Robert.  I was hoping that CA might have a library item for this.  Many on the forum do commercial work and the handicap railing is a must.  I like your way of doing the work but my clients demand more detail.  This is what they want:  

post-866-0-42967100-1442340457_thumb.png