Mono foundation slab, need edge at framing. How?

GeneDavis

To get this building to model with a thickened-edge slab, single-pour, I specified the walls as "foundation," and set the spec for the foundation to align to wall.  See attached.

But Chief models it with the slab edge to the outside of finish.  How do I correct? 

Edit:  Fixed it.  Unchecked "align" and specified the appropriate offset.  Sorry to make you look!

post-55-0-08842500-1442160224_thumb.png

post-55-0-91090800-1442160236_thumb.png

post-55-0-91322200-1442160249_thumb.png

As Johnny was eluding to use the build foundation to this layer in the wall DBX

Actually - almost.  That's what the dbx used to say.  Apparently in X7 they made it a little clearer by just giving it a simple setting.  Like this:

(PS - I just realized this myself, since I never ever change this.  I spotted it when I went in to make this png file! - nice job chief peeps!)

post-2715-0-21461500-1442182269_thumb.png

Well, mine was set to that in the wall spec, but the monoslab foundation edge went out to the outside of the outside finish layer.  

Not the slab, mind you, but the integrally-poured perimeter footing underneath it.  I had to use the foundation offset feature to get things to look right for me.

Gene,

If I read your post correctly, you haven't created a foundation floor.

I think you are making a fundamental mistake that no one has mentioned.

I really don't think that you should be making your level 1 walls into foundation walls.

You would be better off building an auto mono slab foundation which will create a level zero containing your foundation.

Ignore this if it doesn't make sense as I don't have access to Chief to try things out.

Edited by glennw