Plans, Elevations and Spec - free download - Aust. Govt.

facer_03

Plans, Elevations and Spec - free download - Aust. Govt.

House designs - http://www.yourhome.gov.au/

Download plans and elevations

Please note, when you download the plans ensure you print to A3 paper in order to be at scale 1:100

You should also download the full specifications for your climate zone to give to your architect or builder.

3 bedroom + study: Complete set of plans and elevations 3 bedroom + study: Individual plans and elevations 3 bedroom + study: Courtyard version (floor plan only) 2 bedroom + study: Complete set of plans and elevations 2 bedroom + study: Individual plans and elevationsDownload specifications

Download the specification for your climate zone to give to your architect or builder along with the plans and elevations.

Please note the Design For Place house plans and content are only available on this website and are not featured in the Your Home book.

Johnny,

Well I can only guess "mate" :)?

I am a little surprised at the wealth of information that is available on the website.

Being a Canadian I am still learning about Aussie's, and don't get me started on the Americans & Canadians!

Some thoughts are:

1. The plans are only a "leg" up for those that wish to build a two or three bedroom house.  Their website says they save $10,000 Aust Dollars.

2. If new homes can be well designed and be low energy consuming the whole community benefits.  (Climate change, etc)

3. The plans may be of some use to those that do not want "the Big Dream House".  (hello America :))

4. The website outlines "Green" principles. They encourage "Good House Designs" (refer point 2. above)

P.S.

Keep kicking the tires of "Chief Architect".  Good to see new blood being spilt at the alter of BIM, and the pursuit of a rational and simple program.

( don't even mention the Stairs, or Floor Levels :(  )

I think it is more of a case study to educate the everyday punter in passive solar design.

Not sure where they get that figure from though. It would be a cheap house on energy running costs but its an expensive build with polished concrete, reverse brick veneer, solar hot water, raked ceilings, high ceilings, the amount of glazing, the limited opportunity for bracing on northern wall requiring structural steel.

• 5 weeks later...

It's an Australian Government initiative promoting sustainable building practices.

Quote from the preface- "Welcome to the fifth edition of Your Home—Australia’s most comprehensive guide to environmentally sustainable homes. This publication continues a long-standing effort by the Australian Government, in partnership with the building and design industry, to give everyone interested in building homes for a sustainable future, comprehensive, expert and independent advice."

The "Your Home"  is available as a book.

Mine is on order.