Back background to save the eyes... Most black layers inverse themselves, but...

zowie123

Plan background: Preferences, Appearance, Background, Black

Hi,

Most black items inverse themselves:  walls, cad lines, dimensions lines etc,,  except for text including dimensions text?

It seems that someone at chief was thinking about black background inversion, but perhaps stopped before they got to text...

Anyone using back background successfully?  How do you deal with text?  I generally have all my text in black so it will print dark when grayscale. 

Thanks for you consideration,

Cheers! Barry

Barry,

I gave this a try (for the first time) and I seem not to be having any problem with text or text in dimensions displaying. Not sure what the hitch might be on your end. My text was originally set to blue (which displayed OK but not great) so I change it to orange.

Bill

post-571-0-02205800-1442079052_thumb.jpg

Barry,

I gave this a try (for the first time) and I seem not to be having any problem with text or text in dimensions displaying. Not sure what the hitch might be on your end. My text was originally set to blue (which displayed OK but not great) so I change it to orange.

Bill

Hi Bill, Thanks for helping me trouble shoot this.  So when you print in gray scale does your text print light?  Do you change all your text layers back to black before you print?  Cheers!  Barry

Barry,

I learned cad on a black background and loved it. When I shifted to chief I just couldn't get settings for colors and printing that were acceptable to me. So I tried a light gray background, and for me that ended up being a good compromise. The only difficulty with a grey background is if you send current screen as image, you'll need to check your layout with a white background, and place a border around the image (because the grey background will print) or switch to white (what I do) before you send that image.