Mitered Walls Connections - Plan View

robdyck

Does anyone experience the beauty of random, occasional wall connections displaying a mitered joint in plan view? I use a solid grey fill for the main layer of walls, and the mitered joint displays a main layer line weight. The wall then needs to be dragged back a bit and allowed to snap back into connection with the joining wall to get back to a 'clean' connection.

Hi Rob,

Yes, I have seen that occasionally over the years.  It usually seems to happen where multiple walls intersect and at least one of them is different from the others in some particular way, but I've never taken the time to investigate exactly which detail is causing the conflict.  I just pull them back and let them resnap one at a time until the offending one self-corrects.  It is rare to end up with one that won't fix itself after a few attempts.

Russ

Russ,

Don't forget that if you still can't get the walls to join correctly, we have that "adjust wall layers a junction" thingy tool to edit the wall layers to get exactly what you want.

Sorry, I don't have access to Chief and can't remember the name of the tool - accessed from the Edit toolbar.

The issue I've experienced happens at simple connections between 2 walls. It appears randomly on an individual corner. It seems that it may occur after a layout window is refreshed and usually only happens to one intersection, which of course, makes it harder to find. One of those things you usually notice after the plan has been printed to paper. This seems to be the only bug I experience regularly. Happened in X6 & X7 before and after the upgrade to Windows 10. I should just check with tech support. I assumed there'd be many others with this same issue.