Crown Molding Finish

RobUSMC

Is there a way to have a rooms molding change colors on a corner?  There is a section of frown that wraps around a interior brick wall and the white crown does not look good and I want to change it to match the cabinets in the room.

post-180-0-82559100-1441729205_thumb.jpg

Select your room, then on the Edit Toolbar select "Make Room Molding Polyline" and select the molding from the drop down list (most likely the last one in the list would be the "Crown Molding".  This will create a new Molding Polyline for the "Crown Molding".

Now select that molding PLine and right click on the edge you don't want.  At the bottom of the PopUp menu you will find "Remove Molding from Selected Edge".

Or you can just open the Molding PLine dbx - but that's an extra step.

Rob the way I do something like this, is I make room moulding PL, in plan view I cut the needed section of the molding and select each cut section and in DBX select no molding on select edge for each section in your case around the fireplace, after that use P-line to outline missing molding section in your case it would be around the fireplace and convert that section back to Molding P-Line and select the moulding matching existing and change the material to whatever you need

post-4069-0-34337300-1441731164_thumb.jpg

post-4069-0-75687800-1441731546_thumb.jpg

post-4069-0-40760500-1441731553_thumb.jpg

Select your room, then on the Edit Toolbar select "Make Room Molding Polyline" and select the molding from the drop down list (most likely the last one in the list would be the "Crown Molding".  This will create a new Molding Polyline for the "Crown Molding".

Now select that molding PLine and right click on the edge you don't want.  At the bottom of the PopUp menu you will find "Remove Molding from Selected Edge".

Or you can just open the Molding PLine dbx - but that's an extra step.

Don't forget the new icon on the Edit Toolbar for " remove molding from selected edge"  too

M.