Stream of stuff from wendy

WendyatArtform

Thanks Wendy , great videos , appreciate you putting in the Time to do those, I picked up a new Annotation Set and some nice Tips too,  like how useful Alt-Q really is....

For someone who claims not to be a good trainer , those are excellent , you obviously enjoy what you do, and  can tell you do with a smile on your face,

unlike some of Chief's Own Trainers ....... I certainly haven't watched  20 for their Vids in a row !     :)

Mick.

edit : as Rich pointed out ...definitely worth a point or 3 , thx.

I am instigating a new policy of chumming for good tips & techniques 

by dispensing positive Reputation Points. I think this area of the forum

has the potential to be of the greatest service to Chief users. General

Q & A is great for getting help on case specific problems and I enjoy

seeing how I would attack some of the interesting problems that are

posed there, but I find insights into other's methods of work and shortcut

tips to be far more valuable in the long run. It's the old teach a person to

fish versus giving a person a fish thing. Hopefully this policy will encourage

others to share their tips & techniques. Here's a +1 for Wendy.

• Upvote 1

Great videos Wendy.

Even as familiar as I am with Defaults and Annosets, you gave me a lot to think about and some things that will improve productivity.  I gave you a rep point as well.  

Thanks for the ideas for some extra Annosets and ways to improve.  

Hi Wendy,

Great video's!!  Thank you so much for sharing with us!  You really shed a bright light on how to setup and use Anno sets!  I have a much better understanding of how to set them up and use them now!

Thanks again,

Paul Pearson

Wendy this is amazing stuff, and your progression and teaching style makes navigating all the settings and preferences and setup dialogs into a cohesive workflow that makes so much sense!  I'm only a few videos in and I already have a page of notes of things to implement. 

Thank you so much for taking your time to do this, and thank you again for the time you spent with me at the user conference - your tip on quickly creating landscape topo saved me hours just recently!

This community makes me happy to be a convert from Acad!

-Todd

Wendy, your videos are so much better than what Chief produces for tutorials.  I really would advise Chief to look at your approach (and even Scotts for say webinars etc) and redo their lineup.  Your videos are very understandable and I can track fully.  I also agree with you about the fonts....I use Arial myself.

Thank you so much.

List of video's completed by Wendy to date.

Thank you Wendy!

http://www.screencast.com/t/vicroy80XHQ

Chief_01_-_pref_and_some_defaults

Chief_02_-_defaults_1

Chief_03_wall_defaults_1

Chief_04_wall_defaults_2

Chief_05_wall_grey,_start_dims

Chief_06_bsmt_stair

Chief_07_floor2_stair

Chief_08_Anno_1

Chief_09_Anno_2

Chief_10_Anno_3

Chief_11_Anno_4

Chief_12_Anno_5

Chief_13_Anno_6

Chief_14_Anno_7

Chief_15_Anno_8

Chief_16_Anno_9

Chief_17_Anno_10

Chief_Sections_1

Chief_Sections_2

Joe:

I believe you are correct. I think Wendy just forgot what 4.5 height was. I think I actually started using 4.5 myself because of a thread post Wendy did several years ago. The height 6 actually gives you 1/8" print size at 1/4" = 1'.

OK, so here's what I found:

4.5" Arial & 3.5" Chief Blueprint (CB) are both 3/32" at 1/4" scale.  Arial is readable at that size but CB is iffy.

6" Arial & 6" Chief Blueprint (CB) are both 1/8" at 1/4" scale.  In addition, CB is a wider character font and takes up a bit more space on the drawings

I tend to prefer the hand lettering style but there's something to be said for the neater & more concise.  Tough decision......   Maybe I'll just compromise on 5" Chief Blueprint for some things and 4.5" Arial or Arial Bold for others