Seeking light commercial or multi-family plan set & 3D model for construction class

ericholt

I am teaching a Construction Building Systems course and need a light commercial or multi-family plan set and 3D model drawn in Chief Architect to use as an example for the students.  If you have a project you would be willing to share for academic purposes, please contact me.

Eric A. Holt, PhD
Assistant Professor
Construction Management
College of Business and Technology
University of Nebraska – Kearney
2508 12th Ave, OTOL 130G
Kearney, Nebraska  68849-2120
308-440-8949
holtea@unk.edu
 www.unkcm.org

If you have the Plan , you have the 3D model  , but this isn't an Architecture Course , it is on Construction Management , so Lew likely has it correct , though The Uni. has good Contractor relationships looking at their website , so I am surprised one of them isn't willing to Share a plan but there maybe Legal issues (copyright etc) with that. 

I am sure one of the guys will Happily accept a Commission to model a commercial or Multifamily Unit for the School's  use though. 

M.

To clarify, its a Construction Building Systems course for Construction Management Majors, freshman to sophomore level students.  Its a study of the materials, methods, and manpower to build residential and light commercial structures.  I use the plans to teach plan reading, coupled with a 3D model so the students can see in 3D color what the 2D plan set is communicating. The students are using the Chief Architect viewer, so the designs cannot be changed or copied.  Plan set means a PDF file.  

The sample house plan from the CA website fits the residential house plan needs.  A huge shout out to Joey Martin, of Martin Design & Planning, for sending me a great multi-family set.  I am still looking for a light commercial set and 3D model.

Thanks,

Eric