Drawers dimensions

jlprojects

Either make a CAD detail
Or
add a line open it, lock start   I was mistaken, lock length/angle

then set Y to zero (had gotten that from Scott Hall some time ago)

Then using transform from view replicate offset copies to match the drawer height

Your dimensions will now snap to the lines.

Either make a CAD detail

Or

add a line open it, lock start   I was mistaken, lock length/angle

then set Y to zero (had gotten that from Scott Hall some time ago)

Then using transform from view replicate offset copies to match the drawer height

Your dimensions will now snap to the lines.

Not that this won't work, but how is this different from using the point to point dimension tool and just changing the marker radius to zero?  This is what I personally do whenever I have to use point to point. 

Not that this won't work, but how is this different from using the point to point dimension tool and just changing the marker radius to zero?  This is what I personally do whenever I have to use point to point. 

A quick comment,  I do not like the point to point as much as creating the extra line.  The point to point works,  it's just that I think it is more difficult to edit and it seems like I have to edit everything in my life.

For dimensioning cabinet faces the only options are points, lines, or cad detail (premier only). I just don't like how points behave, every now and then end up with points after editing something so dimensions don't reflect what's going on. I find it easier to notice something was edited with lines than with points.

None are live so depends on the situation. If I have fussy face editing to do I use lines and make them longer than the cabinet. When it's time to send in an order I use detail from view..pick your poison.

...I just don't like how points behave, every now and then end up with points after editing something so dimensions don't reflect what's going on. I find it easier to notice something was edited with lines than with points...

This makes good solid sense.

On a side note, not sure why I didn't notice it before now...

Its not a perfect solution, but you can create an elevation flush with the cabinet face (essentially deleting the door and drawer fronts) and then set the backclip distance (essentially deleting shelves) for face frame/drawer box details.

post-46-0-23033500-1441478250_thumb.png

This makes good solid sense.

On a side note, not sure why I didn't notice it before now...

Its not a perfect solution, but you can create an elevation flush with the cabinet face (essentially deleting the door and drawer fronts) and then set the backclip distance (essentially deleting shelves) for face frame/drawer box details.

Nice Tip Michael , thx , had not thought of doing that either....

M.