X6 collada to lumion issues

inArtifex

Is anyone having problems with the collada files exported from X6?

I'm having issues related to texture: every time I have to import a .dae file from X6, my models lost the ability to generate shadows in lumion, and my textures are off scale.

The work around has being: to send a .3ds file to sketch up and export as a .dae file from sketch up.

Thank you all... 

I wonder if it could be related to the lighting in chief architect itself as because of the collada files properties.

If you import a .3ds file from chief to lumion, it partially work, and .dae files from sketch up to lumion work perfectly. So it must be chief related. 

I got a open ticked right now, if I find something, I will get back to you...

Do you have an example of this?

I tried a couple of plans in Lumion free and couldn't see anything in the shading that seemed like it might be anything other than the rendering technique used by Lumion.

Also, textures seemed to map fine but in Lumion you need to import each material before it will be seen by the renderer.

I have attached two example files, the example one: exporting directly from X6 and the the front perspective, exporting to sketch up first then exporting the .dae file again from sketch up. It's nothing related with the rendering technique, and the textures are automatically imported, when importing a collada file in Lumion...

post-1012-0-85530100-1397406769_thumb.jpg

post-1012-0-51010200-1397407051_thumb.jpg

Also, textures seemed to map fine but in Lumion you need to import each material before it will be seen by the renderer.

Don't quite know what you mean above by importing each one.  And, I don't think they map right.  The scale of the texture is way off, which I think is shown by Kegles' example, and consistent with what I get.  I don't get the scale problem, or the shadow problem, when going via Sketchup, so it seems something is fundamentally different about the Chief .dae export vs. the Sketchup one.

They were both created in chief architect, the difference is that: the example was exported from chief to a collada file and imported in to lumion.

The sunny morning one, was exported from chief to a collada file, imported to sketchup (the .dae file from chief), exported from sketchup as a collada file also, then imported in lumion.

Just to specify the process we have to go through... 

Thank you for the examples.

And I see what Bryce means.

I didn't catch it before because I'm used to remapping textures and materials to models if they are exported out.

To see that Sketchup can retain this mapping though does seem to indicate a major difference in our exporters.

Thanks Kirk, it is good to get confirmation on that.  Going through Sketchup can be a real time killer because Sketchup does not seem to handle high face counts nearly as well as Chief does, so larger projects become incredibly tedious, often impossible, to get into Lumion effectively.  I hope you guys can find a solution for this.

• 10 months later...