I just started using Chief X7 and have come up against a problem.

In X7, every time I zoom in close and select an object, the temporary dimension extension arrows block out the view. In X6 if you were zoomed in and selected something, the extension arrows would not show and would not block the view. X7 ends up blocking the view unless I turn the default dimension arrows down to zero. Unfortunately, this also effects all the manual dimensions as well. I’m using the same style of arrow in both X6 and X7.

See attached picture.

I click one side of the box and the temporary dimension pops up. From the selected line to the left is 12" and the arrow shows. To the right the temp. dim is only 1 5/8" and because it's so close, the extension arrow automatically doesn't show. So X6 automatically turns the arrow on and off depending on whether or not it covers the dimension. Is this a setting somewhere in X7? I took the pictures of the exact same plan, on the exact same line and in X7 and you can see it didn't disable the arrow on the 1 5/8" temporary dimension.

post-5688-0-84546600-1441312273_thumb.png

post-5688-0-00731700-1441312276_thumb.png

I was using the Plot Plan annotation set. I tried importing the 1/4" set from X6 into X7 and it worked.... until I changed the arrow style to a slash. For some reason the slash doesn't disappear in X7 like it does in X6. I can use an arrow and it will disappear, just not the slash. Is there a way to import arrows from X6 to X7 or maybe edit the arrow in X7?

post-5688-0-94531100-1441729028_thumb.png

This is also a known issue with X7 when using that particular arrow style.

Switching to another arrow style resolves the issue for now until a fix can be implemented.

It's a pity stuff like this isn't on a posted Known Issues page  , I stopped using this Arrow when I couldn't figure it out , it would of saved a bunch of time.....