Materials Not Mapping to Sketchup Objects Properly

BryceEngstrom

I have been running into this a lot over a long period of time and just now trying to track down the issue.  There was an old thread about this from X6 and no answer provided.

For many, if not most, Sketchup objects I import, if I use the eyedropper to apply a texture to the imported object the texture scale gets stretched out enormously.

Can't believe there aren't a lot of people having this issue.  I am attaching the Sketchup file, and in the screen capture, I have used the eye dropper to try and place the stone wall and tile floor materials onto the object and you can see what happens.

Can't find any setting in the Symbol dbx that might help with this.  I know I can copy the material and reduce the texture scale, but doing this for every material on every Sketchup object is pretty tedious. I know it used to work fine.

Anyone run into this or have ideas?

post-67-0-68186100-1441296589_thumb.jpg

Outdoor Fire Place 1.zip

I have been running into this for a while too, and am no Expert but usually find it is because the Original material in SU is not a "True" material as we know it in CA  , it is usually a jpg applied to the surface (face)  of the SU Model  (I have seen this a number of times on Furniture eg the KARE Brand) and there are several posts on this over on HT where I help out too about it.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/698-importing-symbols-an-experiment/#entry3819

In this particular case I used the Material Def. Tool with the Global Symbol Mapping setting for the Material worked for me , ( a Coronado Stone material)  though the Stretch to Fit option works too,  it obviously changes the scale of the applied material which is what I think the default Eye Dropper Method used. (uses?) 

post-315-0-72405700-1441300278_thumb.jpg

Edit: I tried the eyedropper/spraycan tool too and each time I had to use the Rainbow tool to Set Global Symbol afterwards on this Fireplace.