Manually drawing gable porch roof

mountaineer

I'm stumped on a porch roof issue....

If I auto build a porch roof it always changes my existing roof line.  When I manually build a porch roof then none of the roof tools work.  Tech support told me that when you manually draw a roof then the wall (roof tool menu) no longer communicates to the roof?  What am I missing?  I just want to manually draw a gable porch roof.  I've attached the plan.  I also haven't figured out how to get the upper and lower pitch feature to work when I draw manually.  

Randy,

Delete the shed.  Draw your roof planes over the side walls and up towards where the ridge will be.  Only draw partially and then use the roof join tool.  Break the main roof edge at about where the ridge of the A roof will be and drag that point up.  Then use the join roof tool to join the valleys.  Look for videos on CHief's site for manual roofs.

• Upvote 1

I believe Chief is having a hard time doing this automatically since your porch width is greater than your main body house width....so you can't have the same pitch unless you wanted your front porch roof peak to extend past the main body roof, or lower the pitch and have a bastard valley.  Not to mention having the garage gable is a problem for the area these 2 valleys would be - and you'd then need a cricket or something to fix the intersecting valleys. 

Overall what you are wanting has a lot of problems even if you did manually build it....just FYI.