Schedule update to layout

RGWhite

I read the post on previous forum topics but did not find an answer to a problen I am having.  The schedule will update in the cad window but not in layout.  Am I missing a step? 

Also on a side note, when typing in components of a door schedule under "Comments" I put in the hardware schedule group.  In the schedule I had a new heading "Hardware Group".  How did this happen?  It also listed the hardware group under "Comments", so I had it twice. The schedule customized itself with a heading I did not add.  Any idea why?

When I insert a new Door Schedule there is no Hardware Group column. There are no subcategories defined as Hardware Group. So, I don't have an explanation of how the Hardware Group column got added to your door schedule, but it's an easy fix - just open the Door Schedule dbx and remove the column. Ghost in the machine, perhaps.

On an unrelated topic, your ADA Restroom is not ANSI compliant. Some of the issues are:

1. Not enough clear floor space at the door for a forward or parallel approach (when exiting the restroom).

2. The clearance at the water closet is insufficient - the lavatory intrudes into the space.

3. The sixty inch diameter turning space can include knee and toe clearance, but the toilet clearly intrudes on this space.

3. Be sure to show the vertical grab bar.

1. Not enough clear floor space at the door for a forward or parallel approach (when exiting the restroom).

2. The clearance at the water closet is insufficient - the lavatory intrudes into the space.

3. The sixty inch diameter turning space can include knee and toe clearance, but the toilet clearly intrudes on this space.

3. Be sure to show the vertical grab bar.

I am aware of this.  This is a plan in progress.  Thanks for looking out for me.

The schedule will update in the cad window but not in layout.  Am I missing a step? 

I can't think of what might cause this.  You probably need to post the layout along with the plan and a better description of what you changed that did not update.

Also on a side note, when typing in components of a door schedule under "Comments" I put in the hardware schedule group.  In the schedule I had a new heading "Hardware Group".  How did this happen?  It also listed the hardware group under "Comments", so I had it twice. The schedule customized itself with a heading I did not add.  Any idea why?

You added the "Comments" column to your door schedule twice and then you renamed one of them to "Hardware Group".  When you click on the "Hardware Group" column in the "Columns to Include" list, you might notice that the "Reset" button is active.  This means that it was renamed.  Clicking the Reset button will set it back to the original name.

I read the post on previous forum topics but did not find an answer to a problen I am having.  The schedule will update in the cad window but not in layout.  Am I missing a step? 

I can't think of what might cause this.  You probably need to post the layout along with the plan and a better description of what you changed that did not update.

Been following this thread , as I use Schedules in CAD Details too.... so good to see this is an error somehow, ( not good for RG) as I thought that was the default behaviour , so I hope it gets sorted out, please update the thread , if you get it fixed thanks..

M.

Here are the layout plans and the plan.  I had corrected the columns in the schedule.  Still not sure how that happened but I will try to dulpicate it.

Like I said the schedule in cad detail updates but not to the layout.

Just as a side note, this was a house built in 1846.  Every piece of wood was split from a tree (not sawn).  The only time a saw was used was to cut the split lumber to length.  For those on the forum who are contractors just think of the labor it took.

Oesterreicher Plans (3).zip

Oesterreicher large plan.zip

There are no schedules in the layout that I can find ...what page are they supposed to be On ?  You did send the Schedules from the Cad Detail to Layout right ? or did you think this was automatic?     the ADLO says there are no Schedules too?

There are two other plans linked in this layout too.... which aren't in your zip file so I'm seeing errors on that.

I am also getting a warning about missing LayerSets when open the plan and  layout up...

M.

post-315-0-55949600-1441329235_thumb.jpgpost-315-0-18380300-1441329243_thumb.jpgpost-315-0-66503500-1441329256_thumb.jpg

Mick......The schedules are on the floor plan sheet in the layout (A-6).   I tried the schedule update last night and when I removed the column "Comments" it up dated to layout.  The problem was when the schedule, in cad detail, showed 2 doors (the same happened in the windows schedule) the number would not update in layout, it still showed one.  So it appeared just this one column (window/door count) would not update.

As far as the link to other plans, I don't know what is up with that.  How to break the link (with an unrelated plan)?

Missing layer sets???? no clue

Thanks for your observations.  Hopefully I will get ahandle on this.

OK.......Try this:  select the window schedule (cad detail).......open it up and added column (in this case I selected something from the left column and renamed it to "Hardware".  It appears in the schedule (Great).  Now select the window in the ADA bath and go to the "components" DBX.  Do you see "Hardware" as a column?  No. Am I missing sonething or doing something wrong?

Note: I am adding Lexan over the window in the comments column and the sash lock in the hardware column.

OK.......Try this:  select the window schedule (cad detail).......open it up and added column (in this case I selected something from the left column and renamed it to "Hardware".  It appears in the schedule (Great).  Now select the window in the ADA bath and go to the "components" DBX.  Do you see "Hardware" as a column?  No. Am I missing sonething or doing something wrong?

Note: I am adding Lexan over the window in the comments column and the sash lock in the hardware column.

Rob,

Yes, you have missed the step of first adding a sub-category to the Component dbx for Windows.  Getting additional sub-categories added into the Window Schedule is a rather complex and exacting process.  There are tutorials and help file instructions and threads in the forums (maybe the old forum) about this.  If all else fails, Tech Support should be able to guide you thru it.

Just changing the name of a column in the Schedule won't get you what you want.

Ok this is what I have found.  You can add column headings.  This is easy BUT once you add the heading (in the DBX) it will not appear in the components of the item.  It will appear in the schedule.  So now the question.....How do you get it to show in the components box?  I found two work arounds.  One: Just type in the schedule with the text box.  Works but not very good as the hardware will not up date if you change the item.   Two:  Rename one of the predefined column heardings (ones that you do not use, in my case "Code").  This will update from the components box.  This leaves the question.....Why let the user ADD a new heading (in addition to the preinstalled ones) if it will not show up in the components box so as to be updated?  

The subcategories are straight forward but they only add to the material list from what I found. I never saw the subcategory in the schedule.

In following along in your instructions in #16 I basically found what you did ...should of read more 1st as Joe cleared it up some and so did you...

I guess you attached the wrong layout file in the zip ...... cos on A6 in mine is a Roof Plan    (it is the file Oest.Large Plan.layout)  but never mind I guess, just wanted to make sure you were using the Right Layout as usually the layout name matches the Plan Name , which is Oest.Plans.

Good luck.

M.

EDIT:  in the layout I have page 7 (A6) and Page 8 are labelled (A6)  though neither has a window schedule on it.  there are also 2 sheets labelled A5 (pages 5 and 6)

Mick thanks for your observations.  This is a plan in progress and when I came to the schedule there were several things that threw me, as outlined above.

Has anyone noticed the function of the ADDED heading vs the RENAME heading difference?  Or is it just me?