layout settings

imagekit

With the layout open, go to the default settings DBX and select dimensions.  In the Saved Dim Default DBX, copy the default and rename it to a name you prefer.  Highlight the new default and select edit.  Change the primary format to "mm" and change other settings that you feel are needed.

Once that is done, verify it works and then save the layout as your template.   My personal suggestion...99.999% of my text and dimensions that I want to show are on the .plan file, not the .layout file.  The same process can be done in the .plan file to make it so metric is the default.

post-314-0-04789900-1441020463_thumb.png

Jared's method is only appropriate if you want to work in imperial units but display your plan dimensions converted into metric units.

If you want to actually work in metric units (and only in metric units) all of the time, you need to open up the Preferences dialog, go to the New Plans section, and change the default units for your new plans and layouts.

Is there a way to determine what "system" a plan or Layout originally started as ?

although I am in a Metric plan ( I think ) when I send to Layout the Scale is is always in Imperial , and when I tried to save the Layout to use as my future Metric Layout Template , it tells me the System is Imperial , so not sure what I have done or if it is fixable?

post-315-0-53282200-1441046503_thumb.jpg

thx.