All kinds of issues

Briandesi

Hey everyone. I used to be a regular to  these forums a couple years ago, but had to move to another job for a while to stay afloat. Well I'm back now and am getting my butt kicked. I have attached a plan that has a couple of issues. I used to be able to rock through most of these, but if anyone has time to shoot me a quick refresher I would appreciate it.

1. Wall at garage corner will not join properly

2. Cannot make my 8" post move to the end of the railing

3. Trouble making the post to beam line up correctly with the garage wall ( I believe this is affecting the frieze)

4. Frieze not showing on garage wall that meets the front porch

5. Copy and pasting the window on the right does not show the correct casing, (thats why my windows look different)

6. I'm sure who-ever can spot something to put here!

7. Dotted line above porch in perspective full overview

I'm still working with x4, and will hopefully be upgrading soon. A video would be great, but I should be able to pick my way through notes. I no longer have ssa, so the chief videos are out. Thanks guys, and it feels good to be back behind the monitor!

422 chief.plan

"1. Wall at garage corner will not join properly" You have that as a "Attic Wall". I'm assuming you didn't mean for that to be an attic wall. Un-checking that box fixed that wall connection problems. See photo's below...

post-58-0-43223400-1396856571_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-51918000-1396856592_thumb.jpg

"4. Frieze not showing on garage wall that meets the front porch" Select "Default Wall Top Height" in the structure tab of that wall and the frieze reappears. Also it kind cleans up the front porch gable a little bit...See pictures below.

post-58-0-22387600-1396857749_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-28099400-1396857761_thumb.jpg

Did any of my gibberish help at all? Not sure why no one else chimed in on this. I'm curious to know why you only have half a house drawn up... or 1/4 a house, I don't even know. Why not draw the whole thing? Just curious. I thought for sure Scott would have jumped in here and posted a video. LOL But these are busy guys. Good luck, let me know if any of this helped and maybe a little more info about the plan  ;)

Ross, I did vid, not too good, did not post. I think you did much better in 2 minutes than I did in 30 minutes. Full rooms not being defined did effect the baseline height of roofs. Nice call on the frieze, I did not pick that up. Did pick up attic wall solution.

Not sure if the time you spent is valued by the OP.

After I posted my reply's I kept checking your YouTube page to see if you posted a video. LOL I thought it would have caught your curiosity. Thanks Scott for taking time out of your busy day to help people. I never contribute out of fear that I'd be wrong, but when I work up the nerve I don't even hear if it helped. LOL Just my luck! 

Don't worry, my attempts of help are often wrong :P Often times, I'm shooting from the hip because I don't have access to Chief most of the time...I just try to clarify my "help" as more of a guess.  Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong, most times I approach things from a different angle than most, often times I misunderstand what the OP is stating or asking, who cares!  At least we are trying :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone who chimed in for your help. I have a chronic illness and had a flare up that took me out of the rat race for longer than I would have liked. I know everyone is busy and the time that is donated out of your schedules is highly valued by those that turn to these forums for help (especially me).

When I do submit a plan to the forums I delete everything i think that is unnecessary to the question posed so that my file is as small as possible as to not bog anyone down. Sorry if this caused any confusion, but I convinced myself into thinking I was doing those who would help me a favor. In the future I will not delete so much of the plan.

Again Thanks Scott, Rosco, and Mike for your help