Where Does This Trim Piece Come From Around A Floor?

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

I see this happen sometimes when I change a Deck to a Porch or Slab Room (a Def. with a Conc. Floor slab)   and usually just change the exterior wall finish to Concrete to match.... and put it down to another CA "quirk"

I see this happen sometimes when I change a Deck to a Porch or Slab Room (a Def. with a Conc. Floor slab)   and usually just change the exterior wall finish to Concrete to match.... and put it down to another CA "quirk"

Can you duplicate this behavior now or is it sporadic?

most recently in Dickerchen's Plan ,that you also looked at here :

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/6337-why-doesnt-framing-display-in-plan-view/#entry56451

The front porch is labeled a balcony and I changed it to porch and deck etc. after pulling the retaining wall back to see what was wrong with it and the wall behind it.

That Plan was done in X2 originally but I see it frequently as I help over on HT and  see all sorts of weird happenings

most recently in Dickerchen's Plan ,that you also looked at here :

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/6337-why-doesnt-framing-display-in-plan-view/#entry56451

The front porch is labeled a balcony and I changed it to porch and deck etc. after pulling the retaining wall back to see what was wrong with it and the wall behind it.

That Plan was done in X2 originally but I see it frequently as I help over on HT and  see all sorts of weird happenings

I removed front stairs,  left stairs on both sides,  changed room from balcony to porch and this is what I get...  expected behavior.

post-50-0-19560100-1440848021_thumb.png

Hmmm  the Other Front Door  :)  on the LH Side.... the one with the retaining wall,  is where it happened to me... but I've never been able to figure out a particular step  or set of  things to make it happen.

The retaining wall is slightly imbedded into the "Porch" and the front (only) stairs are too , so I slide the RT Wall out 2-3 inches and pulled it back and

post-315-0-75013200-1440851830_thumb.jpg

just looked at your Front stair  and

post-315-0-45615000-1440851873_thumb.jpg

So maybe it is a View issue ?      I am in Full Overview Perspective

Nope same in Full Camera

post-315-0-45359900-1440852137_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-59921700-1440852169_thumb.jpg

The other quirks maybe a X2 to X7 issue? if I change the Balcony to a Porch It still frames , rather than give me a 4" slab (same for a Court)

so change it to a Deck and let it frame, then back to a Porch and I get 4" slab and framing :)  ...just can't win..

post-315-0-87567300-1440852608_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-89750100-1440852618_thumb.jpg

Mac vs PC maybe?

Hey Mick,   if interested,  we can do a quick go to meeting to hash this out.  Send me your email,  I will send invite, we can do a short GTM to see if we agree what we are seeing,  and we can spend some time bashing Joe and Glenn.

dscotthall@mac.com

Sorry Scott , I minimised the Browser this morning and was busy Drawing up an As-Built from a measure I did Thurs. , so I had something ready for a Client Meeting today , so didn't see this till now...

In this particular case I had the thought , that the Balcony setting maybe causing the issue , those I have seen the Issue Like Larry showed on numerous occasions but can't duplicate right now and HC didn't post his plan in the OP to try.

M.

Sorry Scott , I minimised the Browser this morning and was busy Drawing up an As-Built from a measure I did Thurs. , so I had something ready for a Client Meeting today , so didn't see this till now...

In this particular case I had the thought , that the Balcony setting maybe causing the issue , those I have seen the Issue Like Larry showed on numerous occasions but can't duplicate right now and HC didn't post his plan in the OP to try.

M.

No Problem Mick.  Hoping to connect with you,   maybe next time.  I think you and I are seeing it a little differently,  maybe we can connect at a different time.  If I was missing something,  I was thinking you could set me straight.