Symbol Category

jscussel

I have two buildings in different plans that I want to show in a common plan.

When creating a symbol of one of the buildings, what "symbol Category"  should it be created in. 

On my first try, I used "Exterior Fixtures". Seemed to work OK.

What category works best?

Jon

I have two buildings in different plans that I want to show in a common plan.

When creating a symbol of one of the buildings, what "symbol Category"  should it be created in. 

On my first try, I used "Exterior Fixtures". Seemed to work OK.

What category works best?

Jon

Good question,  I think exterior fixtures should work well.  How about interior fixtures,  that would work,  How about Millwork,   that would work.  Electrical makes no sense. 

Give me a second...  I am musing......

I suppose if there was a difference between exterior and interior fixtures.......  I think I would determine if I wanted a label to show,  and if I wanted that label showing......  follow me here....  maybe you want to show  EXTERIOR FIXTURE LABELS and you don't want to show INTERIOR FIXTURE LABELS......  maybe that decision will have a bearing on what you spec the symbol as.......  either interior or exterior fixture.....  

I would think CA would have a category that worked with the terrain like a normal building.

Jon

Oh,  interesting,  I get it,  based on what kind of symbol it is,  it follows the terrain,  great idea....  hmmmm ......  like a fence........  what is dependent on the terrain?  Outside stairs,  a fence,  sidewalks and driveways.....    anything else....  nice thinking Jon.....  hey  CA....   please slip the Jon S. suggestion into X8,  thank you.

Jon,

Exterior Furnishing, Exterior Fixtures, & Plants all have the Options "Sits on Floor" & "Inserts into Terrain Hole".  Take your pick of what you want it to be.  The basic difference will be the Schedule that each might be included in and the Layer they would be created on.