glitch in x7

jennyultimate

Hi Chiefers. I just switched to X7 and weird things are happening. Tech support is in a group meeting. Can anyone help?

In elevations, I threw in a fridge and some partitions and a cabinet above..... but none of it shows up in the floor plan. All the other cabinets and appliances show in the floor plan and I went to display options to make sure everything was checked. But because some appliances and cabinets show but not others, I can't figure it out. I closed and rebooted, that didn't work. 

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Yes, they are all on.  I just added the same cabinets in floor plan view and then took another elevation and they showed up. I tried to reproduce the glitch by going to another plan and adding cabinets and appliances in elevation view and then they also did not show up in the floor plan. But then when I added them in the floor plan view instead of elevation view, all is good.  I was using X6 (what I learned on) and I used to be able to add all kinds of elements in elevation. They always showed up in floor plan and any other view I went to. This is new to X7. 

I will wait and talk to the Chief team to report.

But thanks for the feedback!

placing those objects in elevation isn't the most accurate way to do it , as most of them need to "find" a wall , and it may not be the wall you think in elevation , they could be in the next room , or too close to the EL Camera to show if you aren't near a wall etc, or even as Joe said on another floor depending on what level you are on in EL View.

M.