Fixture Labels

RGWhite

I put a number of interior fixtures in the plan such as fire extingusher, electric panel, ADA toilet etc.  They all show with labels (in plan view).  When I send to layout some of the labels do not show.  They are all on the same layer.  The item that does not show is the handicap sign label.  What gives????  Thanks for any ideas.

I put a number of interior fixtures in the plan such as fire extingusher, electric panel, ADA toilet etc.  They all show with labels (in plan view).  When I send to layout some of the labels do not show.  They are all on the same layer.  The item that does not show is the handicap sign label.  What gives????  Thanks for any ideas.

Why don't you post a plan?  I just don't get it,  why do you expect us to guess?  Don't you think it would be  easier if we had an example of the problem?  I know I could guess based on the info you give us,  but come on....  25% of the time the guess is still wrong and we go around and around,

Layout on left,  plan on right,  I see the HANDICAP SIGN label in layout.  was this the problem?

post-50-0-21802700-1440520177_thumb.png

Thank you for your help.  On layout sheet 5 I have the floor plan that does not have the handicap label, but on layout sheet 8 I resent the plan and it had it.  ??????  Before I sent the plan to layout sheet 8 I tried to relink the file but nothing happened.  So I resent to sheet 8 and it appeared.  The plan on sheet 5 would update as I added to the plan but when I got to the handicap signs it would not.  So I tried another layout sheet and then it worked.  So what gives?

The layout box on page 5 is using the layer set called "Layout Set 14".   The "Fixtures, Labels" layer is turned off in "Layout Set 14". 

Your fixture labels will not display unless you turn them on for the layer set that is currently being used for a layout box.

This help article has some more info about how layout boxes work with layer sets:

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00939/this-new-layout-box-references-the-layout-set-1-layer-set-saved-in-your-plan.html

There are also a variety of training videos about layer sets that you may find helpful.