Cross Section/Elevation on custom angle

johnny

I have a remodel where there is an exterior wall on a semi-odd angle, and the client wants a new window config.  I'd like to make adjustments in elevation mode, but when I try and run a section/elevation on that area with the "angle-snaps" off, I can't find a way to get that precise.

Intuitively I thought I could simply copy the angle (deg) from the wall and apply to the section/elevation - but no go.  I can do that to the label of the section/elevation, but nothing else.  Second, I went to see about a parallel tool such as we can do with nearly anything else, but the section/elevation doesn't have that as an option.

The only way I can see how to do this is to eye-ball it....but surely that can't be the only way.  I guess I am missing the obvious answer and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

I draw a cad line. I don't worry about setting an additional angle in the "allowed angles". I just make the line I drew perpendicular to the wall and it works just fine. Now having the "on object" snap turned on, I can make the camera view and it will follow the line. Works perfect every time for me.

Intuitively I thought I could simply copy the angle (deg) from the wall and apply to the section/elevation - but no go.

I'm curious if you could draw a line and snap the camera to whatever angle it may hold.

In plan options you can input various angles and the program will allow those lines to become secure as you draw new ones with the angle.