Jumping floor video response

dshall

Do you guys remember the jumping floor video I did?  It is somewhere out there,  I could not find it.  

I sent the plan into Brian,  and this was his response.

"Scott,

I was able to reproduce the issue with the floor heights behaving oddly depending on where you clicked on the floor below. I agree this definitely seems odd, and unintuitive.  
I have logged a report in regards to this issue in our database so that we can hopefully take a look at this issue and see what we can do to get it working better.
Thanks"

Anyway,  the point is Brian recognizes the issue.  I think this type of behavior is at the core of what is giving many users fits.  I believe if Brian gets this worked out,  the need for locking floor assemblies will not be necessary.

Brian is busy fiddling around with X8 so I really didn't expect a response from him,  but since he did respond,  I wanted to share.

I don't think the Cursor "focus" is all that accurate myself unless you zoom right in , this is one of my Pet Peeves with CA. I see it all the time for example in smaller rooms especially like Bathrooms , you try to select the Room by clicking on the floor and it gets the Room Label , so you try again and it get the cabinet, move over a bit it gets the toilet, so zoom in and try the floor in the same spot again and finally you can open the Room....

it seems even worse if your cursor Aperture is anything but zero too but maybe it just me or my Mouse ?

Ouy, I didn't see this until now. Scott, I don't know how you discovered this, but I suspect that It may be the reason I have had fits of frustration with a few plans. Thanks, Scott for finding the cause of the wacky behavior, and posting the response. We know that they are on it. 

This has been enough to make a temperate woman drink more than once!

I don't think the Cursor "focus" is all that accurate myself unless you zoom right in , this is one of my Pet Peeves with CA. I see it all the time for example in smaller rooms especially like Bathrooms , you try to select the Room by clicking on the floor and it gets the Room Label , so you try again and it get the cabinet, move over a bit it gets the toilet, so zoom in and try the floor in the same spot again and finally you can open the Room....

it seems even worse if your cursor Aperture is anything but zero too but maybe it just me or my Mouse ?

Mick,

This behaviour should be controlled by the Snap Distance. 

What value is yours set to?

Try decreasing the snap distance to about 10 and see what happens.

This is a screen pixel setting, so it is affected by the zoom level.

I guess it is also affected by screen resolution.

Mick,

This behaviour should be controlled by the Snap Distance. 

What value is yours set to?

Try decreasing the snap distance to about 10 and see what happens.

This is a screen pixel setting, so it is affected by the zoom level.

I guess it is also affected by screen resolution.

Hmmm well that would not of occurred to me ....or likely anyone else :)  I'm thinking .....

But mine is set to the Default 12 currently so I'll try 8-10  thanks once more ....

I do use the Tab Key but admit I am not a great keyboarder due to a left hand injury a few years ago , but find the TAB Key will cycle thru and often miss the thing I am after so I have to try again. This is when I go click crazy :)  but with X7 that can cause CA to freeze temporarily while it catches up with my "crazy clicking" , don't try that in the Library either , I've had it crash a couple of times now and have seen one or two other reports of the same issue.

If its a resolution issue perhaps I need a 4k monitor :)   currently using 1980 x 1080  triple screen. 

thanks Glenn

M.