WALL SECTION AND DETAILS - TEXT

dbkb0227

Hello Everybody! I created a wall section and added text to it. Now I want to use the same wall section and create some details at a larger scale with its own text for the details. Is there a way to use the same wall section to show details at a larger scale and put separate text between the two? After I send them to a layout page, if I display the text needed in the wall section, it shows up in the detail also, and vise versa. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

I must be doing something wrong then. When I tried that, I would turn off the text for the wall section to create a larger scale detail, and send the detail to the layout. The wall section is already in the layout. And since I turned off the text for the wall section, it's not showing up in the wall section in the layout.

Put all that text on one Layer and turn it off.  Then create your other Text on a Different Layer.

I do not completely agree.  If you are sharp,  and careful,  you can use the same text for multiple views sent to layout at different scales.  Remember that text size can be controlled via the layer set.  So the text can be several different sizes depending on whether the text size is controlled by layer,  and it should be,  and what size the text is for a particular layer.

I must be doing something wrong then. When I tried that, I would turn off the text for the wall section to create a larger scale detail, and send the detail to the layout. The wall section is already in the layout. And since I turned off the text for the wall section, it's not showing up in the wall section in the layout.

You need to have differerent Layer Sets for the 2 views sent to Layout.

I do not completely agree.  If you are sharp,  and careful,  you can use the same text for multiple views sent to layout at different scales.  Remember that text size can be controlled via the layer set.  So the text can be several different sizes depending on whether the text size is controlled by layer,  and it should be,  and what size the text is for a particular layer.

Agreed,

But it depends on if he actually wants the same information displayed.

This is an interesting topic.

When I do Wall Sections I don't add much in the way of text.  For a larger scale detail I use a Callout with a circle (or oval) around the area.  I then create a CAD_Detail from that and do all the specific annotation in that view.  That's what gets sent to Layout.  This has the benefit of the detail being saveable for use in the future.

IAE, the point is that the small amount of text that I might add to a Wall Section in probably not even appropriate for the Large Scale Details.

When I do Wall Sections I don't add much in the way of text.  For a larger scale detail I use a Callout with a circle (or oval) around the area.  I then create a CAD_Detail from that and do all the specific annotation in that view.  That's what gets sent to Layout.  This has the benefit of the detail being saveable for use in the future.

IAE, the point is that the small amount of text that I might add to a Wall Section in probably not even appropriate for the Large Scale Details.

I am not sure what you wall section looks like.  I have details at the top of a wall and at the bottom of a wall,  but typically not of the entire wall.

I do agree that using a small amount of text for sections is the way to go.  In fact my sections only show plate hits.,  roof pitches and maybe the note referring to type 'x' gyp bd in garages and under stairs.  A typical building section for me takes about 3 minutes.......  that is why I can afford to do as many as 8-12 building sections......  they take very little effort.

That is very typical for Arizona.