Project Browser, Wall Detail

gelbuilding

One other question on the Walls Details ,  int the project Broswer is there a way to make the List sort numerically ...properly  instead of

1,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,21,22,23,24,25,26 etc etc

I don't think so.  The problem is that it's an ASCII sort that's typical of computer lists.  The only way to avoid it would be to have all the numbers be 2 or maybe even 3 digits.  ie:

10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,,,,,,,etc.

2 digits would be fine in most cases because it would allow 90 walls all with 2 digit numbers (10-99).

3 digits would allow 90 walls with 3 digit numbers (100-999)

If Chief had a setting for Begining Wall Number it could be automatic.

You could also simply add a "0" in front of the single digit walls in the PB.  That would make them all 2 digit and they would be listed as:

I think I could no that with a macro.  Let me see what I can do.

Wow... thanks Joe ...really appreciate that. :)

It was a pita looking for say wall 7 and having to scroll all the way down .

Not sure WTH CA can't do it properly in the 1st place ....lazy programming... but THX.

Mick.

Hmmm pretty sure it ain't 1980 still ...ASCII ???  :)   time to update some Code from CA-0. :).

Perhaps beta testers found it but wasn't a priority to fix?  I'm working on a small single level place and there are 70 walls already.

Good thing I know  a good man who knows Ruby  ;)     thanks again

Mick,

Virtually all computer code for textual data is still ascii based.  It wouldn't have made sense to create an entirely new system.  If you look at any font in a font editor you will find the characters are numbered 0-255 (256 characters).  Typical sorts use those numbers, stepping thru each character in the text string.

Schooled again :)  ..... 

here I was thinking the qbasic I used on a Commadore64 in the 80's could of done it better :) 

I am not sure why CA doesn't auto add a zero to all the single digit numbers then, sort list sort correctly,  but maybe it can't ?

M.