Chief not starting

dshall

I think the Server is down again , I had trouble getting my license off my Laptop about 1/2 an hr ago too...

and can't get into Chief.com either

***Edit.  I sent Dan park a message just incase they don't know...

M

The upside to this is it is their problem and not mine.  I would leave the office,  but it is 99 degrees out here (for you Aussies dealing with Celius,  that is very very hot).  It's so hot there is no point turning on our undersized AC.

I could go home and suffer or stay in my air conditioned office...  or go to the pool and get skin cancer.  Decisions,  decisions........

Same here. I tried several times. Nothing appeared to happen. I even went to Task Manager which showed CA was not running, but when I tried to reload I received the message about Chief already running, even though nothing showed on screen. I finally was able to get it up and running after several minutes. Something obviously is not right today.

Mike

Eureka,  we have lift off!!!!  What does this mean?  No skin cancer,  no sweltering in my home,   instead I will sit in my nice cool office,  watching the golf tournament and earning money,  life can't get much better.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com  is still down , X7 just took me about 2mins for it to Load not sure if that cos I Auth. earlier already  but yes advise last time was to  wait and let it time out , though they said they lowered it from 5 mins to 90secs didn't they?

Have sent Dan Park a PM so he should get an email too to let him know.

M.

the Authentication server was likely down again as it was about 3 weeks ago , they reset the time out from 5 minutes to 90secs after last time after numerous complaints, which explains the "wait" I think.

(CA needs to authenticated once every two weeks if you didn't know to stay active for anti -piracy measures) 

Indications of internal data suggest the sytem itself was functioning during the apparent outage but was busier than normal.

Our monitoring of these systems did not fail during this time frame.

Some users report no problems during this time frame.

Evidence suggests the issue might lie with internet hardware outside of our control.

We will continue to look into ways to mitigate this type of problem.

• 2 weeks later...