SSA Libraries

CheriAnn

Crazy question.....I bought my copy of X6 second hand from a drafter in Minneapolis, and he did not purchase an SSA license when he bought the program originally.  Can I buy just the SSA license?  He only wanted Chief for creating plans, whereas I use it exclusively for interior design.  Therefore he had no reason to spend the extra $'s, while I really NEED those symbols.

Assuming you transferred the X6 licence properly I would say they will let you buy the X7 Upgrade which includes SSA free for the 1st yr , with SSA you would also get X8 free if it came out  30 Days? before your SSA expired.   SSA isn't available for X6 as X7 is already out as SSA  also gives you X7 as noted above. 

M.

Thanks!  That makes sense....do you know how I would find out if the transfer was proper?  He sent me some documentation and stuff, and I have the code, but as far as I know it's still in his name.....I never had to enter my name anywhere when I installed the program.

In your case, transfer is not proper. In order to own this license, you need to get a transfer document from Chief Architect Inc. This document shows that the company confirms you're the new legal owner of this license.

This process is not free (and not cheap), and the transfer fee can vary due to the condition of the license. For example, i was told that the license transfer fee was $895 for my additional seat. It would be a lot cheaper if it was not an additional license.

I would highly recommend calling Chief Architect on Monday.

I would Call too , as it sounds like the Former Owner may not have transferred it properly , which means you aren't really the Owner , and he could possibly claim he still owns it , so I'd sort it out for sure.... as you should of gotten a new "key" I think , otherwise he could still use CA when you aren't , though that would show up as you'd be asked to reactivate if he started it on another Computer. 

If his Full license was transferred I think it is basically a $50 admin fee , but it can get expensive if it was a 2nd license as Ozgur said as you also have to pay the difference in price between a full version ($2695) and the cost of the additional license which I think is/was  $1695? plus the transfer fee.

M.

I know this was his only copy.....he bought it, and then decided he liked something else better (an expensive error).  I've known this guy for years, and he is a drafting firm of one....no need for additional copies.  I'll just call on Monday and see what they tell me...it's just frustrating.  I didn't pay much from my friend, but if I can't get the SSA libraries I'm gonna be really upset....almost all the good Manufacturer's Libraries are SSA.....

well hopefully it is only a paperwork error and you have a cheap copy of x6 and a $50 transfer to figure out properly . I am sure CA would love to have another Client and be happy to let you buy the X7 upgrade which I think is $645  vs $465 for the original X6 SSA

Chief Website is backup now ...upgrade is $645.

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/upgrade.html