Help with attic room!

DMedina

Hi all!

First of all I would like to thank you in advanced for reading my post!

I am currently working on a very small project (the redesign of an en-suite bathroom) but its representation in CA is driving me crazy! I have tried loads of different options but none seems to work the way I want it too!

The thing is, this bathroom is on the second floor of the building, which is a one and a half floor. It fits right under the gable of the roof but still has a bit of ceiling which is flat...

I am really bad at explaining myself! Thus, I enclose a hand drawn plan (on the day of the visit) with the measurements (in cm) to see whether anyone can help me draw this room in particular.

Every time I try to use roof planes it's just a mess! I mean, I am not drawing the whole house and in AutoCAD is very simple to draw this but I can't seem to manage to get it right here!

What I'm struggling with is getting the angled plane + the flat ceiling (and all of them at the right distance from the floor (i.e: 56cm for the lowest wall and 233 for the opposite wall!)

Again, thanks for your help!

post-6875-0-68196400-1439587105_thumb.jpg

You don't say what software you are using and haven't filled in your Profile Signature either so People will know ( see mine below)  but this is possible auto too, and is easier if you know the roof pitch but after a quick play with your measurements it looks like it is 14/12 or 49.3 °.

You have to make a Complete Room but not a house , even if only doing a single Room remodel, like a bathroom , usually it is easier to just make a big Room and then place your Remodel in whichever corner you need exterior walls on or in the middle if you only need the one wall , ie the 58cm wall in your case at the low side. (you are using cm but I started in inch, so just stayed with it in the example below)

Once you have the big room and have placed walls for your Bathroom , you can split the bathroom into two rooms with an invisible wall and make the lower room (see pic) 58cm and the upper room 233cm then set the lowest wall at 14/12 or 49.3° and the end walls (right /left)as Gable walls and build the Roof. 

Here is the result and the plan so you can check it out.....ask more questions if needed.

M.

DMedina1.plan

post-315-0-09337700-1439601891_thumb.jpg

For such a portrayal, you need to use a manual roof plane to represent the coffering of the ceiling. The pitch and height etc can be precisely set manually, the the rest is easy;

DJP

Thanks so much! It's actually centimeters LOL That's the downside of working in the UK and being a native Spaniard! We work in metric! 

You don't say what software you are using and haven't filled in your Profile Signature either so People will know ( see mine below)  but this is possible auto too, and is easier if you know the roof pitch but after a quick play with your measurements it looks like it is 14/12 or 49.3 °.

You have to make a Complete Room but not a house , even if only doing a single Room remodel, like a bathroom , usually it is easier to just make a big Room and then place your Remodel in whichever corner you need exterior walls on or in the middle if you only need the one wall , ie the 58cm wall in your case at the low side. (you are using cm but I started in inch, so just stayed with it in the example below)

Once you have the big room and have placed walls for your Bathroom , you can split the bathroom into two rooms with an invisible wall and make the lower room (see pic) 58cm and the upper room 233cm then set the lowest wall at 14/12 or 49.3° and the end walls (right /left)as Gable walls and build the Roof. 

Here is the result and the plan so you can check it out.....ask more questions if needed.

M.

attachicon.gifDMedina1.plan

attachicon.gifDMedina1.JPG

I must be the silliest person around! :(

Bear with me since I have only been using the software for a couple of months!

I enclose what I have done but the roof planes seem to not match... I have gone through your plan 100 times but can0t figure out how you did it!

Once I get it I will never forget how to do it!

Liz 3.plan

It's all in the Details :)   you actually had it setup right  but hadn't built the Roof or put in the approximate Pitch in the DBX (49°) it was still on 22° ???

couple of things:

- make sure your dimensions are accurate  ( I moved walls etc ) and the exterior side of walls even the invisible one in this case, are too the exterior of the building. This is easily seen when you select a wall by which side the selection handle in the middle of the wall (square) is on.

- the 265mm thick wall in this case actually means your Roof Pitch is 45° , not 49° as it was with my standard thickness wall .

( this is actually info you should of got while OnSite , get a Level App for your Mobile if you don't have one they are good enough for this.)

here is the fixed plan.Liz 3_MH.plan

post-315-0-04323800-1439665807_thumb.jpg

It's all in the Details :)   you actually had it setup right  but hadn't built the Roof or put in the approximate Pitch in the DBX (49°) it was still on 22° ???

couple of things:

- make your dimensions are accurate  ( I moved walls etc ) and the exterior side of walls even the invisible one in this case, are too the exterior of the building. This is easily seen when you select a wall by which side the selection handle in the middle of the wall (square) is on.

- the 265mm thick wall in this case actually means your Roof Pitch is 45° , not 49° as it was with my standard thickness wall .

( this is actually info you should of got while OnSite , get a Level App for your Mobile if you don't have one they are good enough for this.)

here is the fixed plan.attachicon.gifLiz 3_MH.plan

attachicon.gifDMedina2.JPG

Thanks Mick

I am going crazy! I shall try with your version again!!!!

You are an artist!

BTW, I did use the interior dimensions to make them accurate... I must have screwed up!

wasn't anything major as I said , for eg. your invisible wall was wrong side of the line and your full width was off by the thickness off the wall too I think, but it is all per you pic of your onsite Dims now , though I didn't put the skylight in this time.

M.