frame wall not available for deck/screened porch

Dennis_Gavin

I have a deck that will get part of it's area enclosed for a screened porch. I have it listed as a deck with post to beam selected for the railing and of course a roof above.

The standard deck section I get the option to frame one "wall" but I do not get that option for the railing sections that are part of the screened porch. ;o(

Why Chief??? I made changes (had one section a wall) and went back to railing so there are now studs in that one section. I know I can delete manually BUT........

post-132-0-13658100-1439559853_thumb.jpg

Joe,

I have it named as a deck in the room definition box. I wanted to rebuild one wall/railing

section that had been a 6' section of wall for a TV and the owner decided against it. So I want back to just the railing like the other sections. Went to rebuild that complete railing wall section but the icon for build wall framing was not available.

Dennis,

Your posts are confusing.

But...You won't get the Build Framing For Selected Objects icon on the Edit toolbar unless the selected wall/railing has a framing layer in it's definition. 

If that's not the problem, you need to explain in more detail.

Glenn (and others)

I am an idiot, I am an idiot, I am an idiot!!!!!

Not that we have that clear. In actuality I was selecting a polyline used for the screening. I THOUGHT I was selecting the railing section.

One more time for clarity I AM AN IDIOT!!!!

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

G'day mate!