Is there a way to copy everything on an 18x24 layout to a 24x36? I need to upsize?

zowie123

Zowie,

Depending on how you want to handle the layout boxes and the title information, sizing, etc.

You can change to the larger sheet by going File...Print...Drawing Sheet Setup. 

This will change the sheet size and place your original layout boxes and title information in the centre of the larger sheet, at the same scale.

You may need to edit or move the title information and move the layout boxes.

I assume you want all the layout boxes and title information at the same scale as the original and don't want to increase the scales of all the layout boxes along with the sheet size increase.

Some of us have our Default Layout set up with different size Borders, Title Blocks, etc on different layers.   Then we have Annosets & Layer Sets so that when we select the Annoset for that Sheet Size all we have to do is use the "Drawing Sheet Setup" function to complete the switch to the different size. As Glenn indicated you may need to move and/or resize some of the Layout Boxes but otherwise there's not much else required.

The attached pic shows my Layout Page 0 with all Layers displayed.  The sheet size [Arch-D] is currently selected which is the white area.  I have Layers for Arch-A, B, C & D 

post-47-0-01058700-1439557122_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

For me I have one single layout done in 11x17.  All plan views are sent to 1/8" scale to the layout.  If I need a full size set of plans, I will tell CA to print at 100% at 22x34 paper.  Everything will automatically come out printed at 1/4" scale.  I have the "scale" macro on plan and elevation labels so it will auto changes from 1/8" to 1/4" depending on the size paper it gets printed on. 

With how I have it setup, I can print an 11x17 set and a 22x34 set back to back in less than a minute, without having to change anything on the layout like viewport locations, annosets, layersets...nothing.  If my client wants 24x36, I still give the 22x34 and the page just has an inch border around it.  Haven't had complaints about that, so I feel it works.

It is rare for me to have 12x18 requested, but I am thinking of adding that as I have been asked twice in the past 6 months.

If I get requests for larger than that, I just take the extra time to change it up....but I have only had to go larger than 24x36 once.  Not worth it to me to try and add something like that to my template layout if I only get asked once a decade.   ;)

zowie123 - I live in Tacoma, so if you want some help, let me know.  GO HAWKS!

I do the same thing now with 11x17 as one of my own Printer's now will do tabloid Paper , but didn't know your trick of sending to 22x34 to auto get 1/4" scale, I just Print the PDF at 200% for 22x34 at the Copy Shop if needed since I can't do that myself anyway.

M.