I can't get a custom material to work

JoeSchmoe

I have been trying to create a new custome brick material from a texture I have a picture of.

I added the new material and selected the image I had for a texture, but I am having an issue. For some reason when I use this material it is completely white. I went back in and opended up the material and realized that I have to select a single color ( Brick is not a single color). However, when I select a color it changes the texture of the brick to the default flat squares. Does anyone know whats going on?

You are in a Vector view (orthographic camera?)  in that pic , which means you left the Pattern colour as white and didn't assign the Pattern to be Brick either

It also appears as if your Standard view texture (pic) needs to be rotated 90° to work as a Wall Brick in a standard Brick pattern.  ( brick looks like it runs up/down in DBX pic above not side to side)

easiest way to get it right is to copy a brick from CA's Material Lib. to your User Lib. the Open it and see how it is setup correctly.