Temporary Dimensions

Ginkgohouse

Good Morning

I am having a problem with the "temporary dimension" function.   I was under the impression that the displayed temp dimensions match the currently selected annotation/default settings (i.e. 1/4" default, Plot plan default).  In the attached plan the temp dims are only displaying the Plot Plan defaults.

Is this a glitch or is there a way to control the display of the temp dims.

Thanks

Temp Dims.plan

Temporary dims don't show IF you already have a manual or other auto dim already in the same place , and I can't explain it but what you are actually seeing is the Dims you put on the plan while in Plot Plan View , delete one or two of them to check as I did and then they don't display while in Plan View Set as Temp Dims.

Your plot Plot Dims are off in Plan View , so I'll have to let someone else give you a better explanation and the fix ....

M.

Thanks for giving it a shot !   None of my other plans are having this problem !

I doubt this is true.  This behavior is a little peccadillo that CA has not improved.  Mick was not super clear on the issue.  

Here is the issue......

If you are looking for and expecting a temp dimension between two lines and .......   oh heck.....  here is a quick video.....

Good to know - But my deal is that the only temp dims that are showing up do so with the Plot Plan (aka Huge) dimensions strings.

Using the new technique Scott described - Zoomed out - The Temp Dim String is in Plot Plat defaults.    Zoomed In - The temp Dim String is in the current defaults.