Default Plan & Default Layout

Joe_Carrick

Thanks, I like that Joe. Im going to set up a clean up Layer set and test it out.

Larry,

There a a few things you might have to manually select and delete - such as "Interior Elevation Cameras".  Chief creates them on the same Layer as all other Cameras.  I wish they were on a separate Layer.  In fact, I would prefer the following distinct Layers:

Exterior Elevation Cameras

Interior Elevation Cameras

Cross Section Cameras

Perspective Overview Cameras

Perspective Floor Cameras

Larry,

There a a few things you might have to manually select and delete - such as "Interior Elevation Cameras".  Chief creates them on the same Layer as all other Cameras.  I wish they were on a separate Layer.  In fact, I would prefer the following distinct Layers:

Exterior Elevation Cameras

Interior Elevation Cameras

Cross Section Cameras

Perspective Overview Cameras

Perspective Floor Cameras

I keep all interior elevation cameras,  I never delete them,  I use them for the next project.

I put these cameras on their own layer.

I open camera dbx and specify which floors I want these cameras to show on.  Each camera is displayed on only one floor.

I keep all interior elevation cameras,  I never delete them,  I use them for the next project.

I put these cameras on their own layer.

I open camera dbx and specify which floors I want these cameras to show on.  Each camera is displayed on only one floor.

Scott,

Since the Interior Elevation (Room Elevation) Cameras are automatically named for the Rooms they are created in (Project Browser Cross Sections) this could be very confusing.  It's very fast to create new Room Elevations and then they are properly named.  I use that view_name in a macro in a Text Box in the view for the Title.

Yes, I know I can put the cameras on different Layers - but I wish I didn't have to do that.  It would be better if they were actually created in the first place on distinct Layers.

Cross Section Cameras (as opposed to Room Cameras) I also save for reuse just like you do but those it would also be nice if they were automatically on a separate Layer.  I usually show those on All Floors - just my preference.