LeeDrafter

hello,

I am drawing a CAD detail that involves hidden (dashed) lines that are only 3" long. I selected the smallest dashed line from the drop-down menu, but it still only shows as a solid line. The dashes don't show when I print from layout either. I have read through forums a bit before I decided to ask this question- so I made sure the page setup dbx says line weight of 1=1/100 mm. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem or not. All I want is to be able to draw a very short dashed line and still be able to see the dashes. The dashes are visible if I toggle off the lineweights, but that won't do me much good if it doesn't print that way. I appreciate any help- Thanks!

There is a "create line style" tool in Chief, try it. If your having a printing problem just increase the line-weight of the line. out of the box it might be set to 1, I use 12 to 200 depending on what I need. I would keep that 1=100 the same and change line weights as needed. It does mean to go through all your layer-sets and change them but once set up you wont have to do it again if you use templates

hello,

I am drawing a CAD detail that involves hidden (dashed) lines that are only 3" long. I selected the smallest dashed line from the drop-down menu, but it still only shows as a solid line. The dashes don't show when I print from layout either. I have read through forums a bit before I decided to ask this question- so I made sure the page setup dbx says line weight of 1=1/100 mm. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem or not. All I want is to be able to draw a very short dashed line and still be able to see the dashes. The dashes are visible if I toggle off the lineweights, but that won't do me much good if it doesn't print that way. I appreciate any help- Than

Very  difficult to answer.  Many different reasons for this behavior.  If you want an answer,  I would be willing to look at it if you post the plan with layout.  To do this,  with layout selected go to  FILE<BACK UP PLAN ENTIRE PLAN and save this to a new folder and post or provide a drop box link to access large files.