How to define DEFAULT FLOOR STRUCTURE

dshall

Saw the video, but you had all one big normal rooms, When does that ever happen ? What if you have some baths or garages, kitchens and decks.

I was thinking like Perry , that's a dumb dumb place to put that default, Rooms are not Floors... and Decks/Porches etc  are never at Floor level at least around here.

BTW, since I don't do basements here, and therefore really don't have knowledge about them in Chief, I don't know if changing the floor structure would make a difference for a basement (ceiling height and basement floor).

"Again not true,  you cannot change the default floor thickness once the floor is built.."

Am I not doing that here in this video? Again my understanding is flawed but trying to help.

Larry,

In this video, you don't show the dbx for the room.

I bet the floor structure for the ROOM is set to Default, so that when you change the FLOOR default, the room is following.

• 1 month later...

THAT IS NOT TRUE.  THAT IS THE ISSE.  THAT IS NOT TRUE.  YOU CANNOT CHANGE A DEFAULT FLOOR STRUCTURE ONCE THE FLOOR IS THERE.  YOU CAN CHANGE IT,  BUT IT IS NO LONGER A DEFAULT.  THIS IS MY ENTIRE POINT OF THE POST.

Larry,  You might want to double check this.  

You can define the default floor structures for all floors.  

Build a 20 story building,  they all have the overall default floor structure,  you can now go into the default floor structure for the 14th floor, change it, and that new default will override the OVERALL floor defaults,  and then after the 20 story building is built,  you can go into the default floor structure for the 8th floor and change the default floor structure for the eighth floor.

The point of this post is you can change the default floor structure for a particular floor or all floors after the floors are built.

I will be glad to show you how to do it in a GTM.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having this same problem on my basement ceiling and 1st floor. I need to change 1st floor thickness. Changed in defailts, set each to use default, still not changing floor thickness when I rebuild Framing.

I am using x9, and in my defaults, there is no "Rooms" - It is now "Floor and Rooms", with no Normal Room option.

How can this be done in Chief x9?