New foundation and old foundation

cjanderson66

I do a lot of remodels and want to be able to distinguish between the old foundation and the new foundation in plan view.  In my old program (ACAD) I would crosshatch the existing T footing or even just leave it alone but on the new footing I would poche it so the contractor would know that it is a new footing.  I am having a hard time trying to figure out a good way to do this.  If I go in and define the wall anything other than concrete is still doesn't show up in plan view but it shows up in the section view which I still want it to be concrete.  Any ideas guys?  Also, I've created a slab on grade with perimeter footings.  How can I create and interior footing below a wall that is part of the slab on grade.  Dumbfounded!

How can I create and interior footing below a wall that is part of the slab on grade.  Dumbfounded!

Christopher,

Go down to the foundation level.

Draw a Slab Footing (Build...Wall...Slab Footing).

You can use the "Align With Wall Above" tool to get them lined up.

All you need to do to add the footing is open's the Walls DBX and on the Structure Tab at the bottom check "create wall/footing below"

( don't check bearing wall unless it is, as it may change your joist direction unexpectedly)

if Auto foundations isn't on you may need to Rebuild the Foundation to get it to show , if that isn't possible as you've got work you don't want deleted then , use Glenn's method above.

( you may need to setup your Defaults for Slab Footing 1st under Walls)

• Upvote 1

Wall hatching.

I use wall hatching too to show demo walls in the existing plan. I use the hatch tool to show existing walls in the proposed plan. This is just how I do it. We only do mono slabs or pier & beam foundations here. Our main work is remodels. For mono slabs, I always do it manually using with cad (except for the main slab for 3D & elevations...I use a manual slab). In order for me to get how the foundation plan looks and to satisfy the engineer and planning department, cad for me is much easier and faster along with callouts for the foundation details showing how they look with steel and how an existing slab meets a new slab, flatwork, etc..

If you want the materials list to be correct, if you can ever get that right, Create a different conc. stem wall with a fill and only include those walls in the material list. Create your foundation and just change the foundation walls ( you may have to break them ) to your new wall type. I do it all the time, do the same for new and existing walls in your plan