AnnoSet 4 rookies

SNestor

Starting to create some custom annosets.  As I work with them questions arise that I know can only be answered here.

I'm creating a roof plan annoset...that I would use to send a roof plan to layout.  Do you guys create separate layers for the objects on each floor?  Such as...doors 1st floor; windows 1st floor, headers 1st floor; casing 1st floor...etc.  Then create the same for the 2nd (or other floors).  This way you can turn on/off what you want.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

Starting to create some custom annosets.  As I work with them questions arise that I know can only be answered here.

I'm creating a roof plan annoset...that I would use to send a roof plan to layout.  Do you guys create separate layers for the objects on each floor?  Such as...doors 1st floor; windows 1st floor, headers 1st floor; casing 1st floor...etc.  Then create the same for the 2nd (or other floors).  This way you can turn on/off what you want.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

Steve, I suggest you start slowly and re-define layers as you need them. I've never had Windows 1st floor Windows 2nd floor because I've never needed that level of definition.

I just started to have Roof Planes 1st floor Roof Planes 2nd Floor because I wanted to segregate those 2 items in a Layout View.

If you save your previous plan as a basis for your next plan, or update a template plan with all your latest Anno Set definitions you can slowly build a list of Anno Sets that will serve you over the long run.

Just refine your definitions as you go along and learn more about what YOU need in your Anno/Layer Sets.

Rather than create separate layers for those items by floors, try the "Defaults-Camera-General-Options section at bottom of the page and check or uncheck Show Lower Floor Overview box".  What I have found is that if you know the type of view you want to have then set this before generating the view.

I used to only use this option on occasion, now I am finding more and more ways make some very interesting uses of it for displaying the type of views I want.  Once you get familiar with this approach then you only need to create a few extra layer as req'd.

Nice dummy video for setting up anno-sets, very important ,and easy for massive time saving, everyone should do this. of course there are more settings now, and you can even talk about MRLS because it's included in X7

Hey, I did a series of vids called ANNO SETS FOR DUMMIES, you might want to check them out, do a google search,

Scott - I have watched...but it was a while ago. Back watching again. Thanks for these videos. Us newbs would be lost without them.