etefonori

nope, sorry

you could try calling CA's customer service to discuss

BTW:  this forum is for mainly for users of Chier Premier

HD product users would find little benefit following this forum

except for HD PRO users

check out the HD Hometalk forum which is focused on HD products

Lew

Individual purchasing of Libraries for various products is something we want to implement.

Unfortunately, we currently don't offer them except throught the SSA program on our Proffesional Product lines.

As an option, there is a rent to own program available:

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/premier/

You would have access to the libraries while renting.

Not sure if you realize that the only items in the Kraftmaid catalog are Doors and drawers, Finishes, and wood species.

FWIW none of the brands I use have catalogs in Chief. I set a default template to have the correct toe, top drawer hieght and overlay. I also make a folder in my user catalog where I add cabinets as I modify or build them for each mfg. I used to collect doors from whatever manufacturer catalog had something close but now I make them.

I think you can do all of those things in HD? IF you can't make doors in HD you can in Sketchup and then import them.

I don't know if HD opens chief files but if it does I've posted a couple of Plan files that are door kits. They can be used as a starting point to make door symbols or as a guide to one method of doing that.

Here is a door kit plan that can be used in HD products. I'm not sure which of these procedures work in the Suite version, hope enough so you can use them. IF it doesn't allow converting to a symbol then these won't do you much good since the only 3D export Suite offers is dxf which it won't import. In that case you'll be better off in Sketchup which a lot of folks use to create door symbols.

I included: a couple of door kits not yet made into symbols, a few molding profiles, a couple of cameras I use to check (I think these only work in Pro version though) and adjust the molding placement (I think these only work in Pro version so getting the 3D molding line properly placed will be a challenge), and a couple of doors symbols so you can check the sizing tab to see how to set the stretch planes.

Save it as a template. Open it, pick a door to work on, delete all the others, save as, change moldings and panel if need be, delete the wall and cameras, take a 3d view and convert to symbol.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually use D&D to test an object from 3DWH , as it doesn't add it to the library etc , then I just delete it if textures , size etc are messed up ,especially these day when a lot of objects don't have real textures , instead they have a pic laid on the surface of the block CA doesn't handle these well.

I usually then do the full import , if I plan to keep and reuse it ,  but didn't realise  if you D&D'd it was auto a Fixture