PLEASE POST A PLAN WITH YOUR PROBLEM! CA, please make this a sticky.

dshall

I try and make it a habit to ask for a plan to be posted only once per thread.

If there is no plan, I'm outa there.

I use this technique to weed out the tire kicker clients as well.

I try and get then to do something that takes a little effort before I automatically agree to go out and meet them at a site visit.

Even if it's something as simple as emailing a survey plan, or a brief...anything to get them to do something.

It's just too easy for a prospective client to ring up and agree to a site meeting at their convenience  - usually they want it on a weekend - it makes it too easy for them. That's why I don't do weekend meetings.

If it's important to them, they will come early for work or go in late - otherwise, I'm not interested.

I have something to add...

I think its possible a lot of people may not want to post a plan for fear of people seeing their sloppy model with all its mistakes and in its raw hideous state of being, and don't want people to think less of them.

Don't worry about that guys, we all had to start at zero, I for one still do a lot of sloppy modelling at times, and I know a lot of the veterans still jerry rig a ton of things and just mask it all by hiding layers, covering it with CAD boxes, or using any number of other tricks to make the model do what they want it to.  

Point is, its okay...just post a plan, don't worry about what people will think, most people here are pretty cool and will just help you solve your problem.  Worst case, someone sees something stupid we're doing, points it out, and we pick up an extra tidbit free of charge.

And if you don't know how to post a plan...

-Save the plan

-Close the plan

-Right click on the plan file

-Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder  OR use another method of zipping the plan file

-Attach the zipped folder to your post using "More Reply Options"

-Under "Attach Files" select "Browse"

-Find and select your ZIPPED folder

-Select "Attach This File"

-Done

I think its possible a lot of people may not want to post a plan for fear of people seeing their sloppy model with all its mistakes and in its raw hideous state of being, and don't want people to think less of them.

Don't worry about that guys, we all had to start at zero, I for one still do a lot of sloppy modelling at times, and I know a lot of the veterans still jerry rig a ton of things and just mask it all by hiding layers, covering it with CAD boxes, or using any number of other tricks to make the model do what they want it to.  

Point is, its okay...just post a plan, don't worry about what people will think, most people here are pretty cool and will just help you solve your problem.  Worst case, someone sees something stupid we're doing, points it out, and we pick up an extra tidbit free of charge.

-Save the plan

-Close the plan

-Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder  OR use another method of zipping the plan file

-Done

A good point. And if you don't want your full plan posted for whatever reason, just cut and paste the questionable part to a new plan, it's not that hard...

-Save the plan

-Close the plan

-Done

A good point. And if you don't want your full plan posted for whatever reason, just cut and paste the questionable part to a new plan, it's not that hard...