Box Window Troubles

SNestor

Attached is a simple plan that shows 2 methods (that I know) used to create a boxed window on the 2nd floor.  Neither version works perfectly..both have their own issues.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject...where am I going wrong or right?  Why are simple things like this so confusing....I mean, a boxed out window is a typical detail and should be a piece of cake to construct.  

Well...maybe it is if you know what you are doing?   ;)

post-227-0-72151700-1438646408_thumb.jpg

Box Window Trouble 2.plan

I have these types of issues often with CA.  CA is trying to save us time and auto-heal finish layers like this, and I find anything out of out-norm can result in needing some kind of work-around.  I personally feel that it would actually save me time if I set the connections manually and not have CA try and automate this process.

...that said, there are ticks that many on the forums know in cleaning this up.

If you use the box window tool that does seem to work...  You need to add your freeze board detail but that should be easy.  Inside the visual is a nice clean line.

Johnny...

How do you raise the floor in the box window to create a "seat".  

Also...how do you add windows...it doesn't seem possible to have more than a single window in a box window?

Johnny...

How do you raise the floor in the box window to create a "seat".  

Also...how do you add windows...it doesn't seem possible to have more than a single window in a box window?

Good question on adding more windows than 3.  I will try when I am at the office tomorrow, but I found this video if you want to see how to edit the windows that are there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spoHkzjOQS4