Vertical Line Label Flip

timmy123

I am not sure that you can do anything to change that.

Chief automatically rotates them so that they read correctly from the bottom and right hand sides of the drawing sheet.

This happens for lines drawn at an angle greater than 90d.

Those lines are drawn at an angle greater that 90d - is that the angle they are meant to be drawn at?

Just curious if those are CA Line Styles ?  or you made them ? or perhaps imported them from another CAD Prog. and they aren't working Correctly?

Just a thought , Glen and Joe know what they are talking about......

Mick,

Doesn't matter wether they are Chief provided or custom linestyles.

Both types will behave that way.

I don't have a clue about importing from another cad program.

Text in linestyles actually behave a little bit oddly in that they change when they are at a greater angle than 90deg (12 o'clock), BUT, if you use Rotate Plan View, they behave exactly the same. ie, the reference is the screen (12 o'clock) and not the drawing sheet.

I would have thought that the change angle (where the text flips) was relative to the drawing sheet and not the screen.

It even gets a bit weirder.

Have a look at the attached pic.

The red line in the plan view on the right has been rotated -20deg using Rotate Plan View. 

It was then sent to the layout and the layout box was rotated 20 deg so that the line is vertical.

Notice that the text in the line still changes at any angle greater than 90deg (12 o'clock).

ie, the text is still changing in relation to the monitor and not the drawing page, layout sheet or layout box.

No big deal in the scheme of things, but still interesting.  

post-106-0-87862400-1438520047_thumb.jpg