Custom Roof Trusses

mrscott

Guys/Gals,

I would like to present a Roof Truss Option to my client but am having difficulty getting the ROOF TRUSS to draw in the attached plan. Would one of you have a suggestion on what is preventing me from drawing the TRUSS? The Floor Trusses went down without a hitch.

Thanks,

Plan attached.

Chapel 4.2.zip

I actually did these for the client and  as an option but they elected to go Cathedral Ceiling instead. This got me thinking about Roof Trusses instead of Steal Columns and Rafter beam. In the end it will be the engineers call but here is what CAX7 came up with.

Thank fir all your framing help. :)

Custom Roof Trusses.zip

One more question on the affect Trusses may be having on my model. You will notice the upper end of the Gable wall is void of siding. Is this linked to the Truss? I moved it inside the wall edge thinking it was blocking the siding but that did not help. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

post-5149-0-09629900-1438377045_thumb.jpg

OR, just balloon frame that wall to fill it in, unless you need to show a truss there.

Ah ha! That did it!

Thank you all. I have a couple more but I will post a short video to explain.

P.S. You are all a terrific group of a folks.

is the Truss sitting on the wall marked and end truss ? and also reduced gable?  if not select it and use the force truss rebuild box , see if that helps.

Mick,

I didn't try your approach when Perry's did the trick, but I will certainly keep your suggestion in mind.

Thanks