Multiple mirrors...only one shows reflections

allaboutkitchens

I thought I would try to 'work around' this without doing a ray trace and changed the reflecting mirror material to a grey color....The 2nd mirror did not reflect.  So why didn't that work?

I was wondering if this was a special  situation when first posted .......  P. and Bill had a good explanation for the issue, but,   so I guess you tested their theory and that is not the issue.

Post the two different mirrors in a small plan and  post.   I have experienced a situation where even though the mirror has the correct material....  because it is a solid or a slab or it's a tuesday,  or you are wearing your hair down instead of in a bun,  the mirror will not reflect.

If you look closely,  the far mirror reflects the near mirror,  but the near mirror does not reflect the far mirror.

This is telling me that the near mirror does not have a mirror material on it or the near mirror is one of those mystery objects where a mirror material does not work on it.

Hmm.  Both mirrors were created by me using the same basic approach (create symbol) and actually using the same modified file as they are very similar, but not exactly the same size (Kohler CB series).  At least that is what I recall (as it has been longer than a day since I made them, I'm not 100% sure!   :wacko:

It is a Tuesday...and I have my hair pulled back!   :lol: I will research my symbol creation later...I keep the file that I use to create the symbol.