Half Wall Issue

RobUSMC

I started using the half wall tool for showers where there is a half wall with a glass panel that sits on top. I use a polyline solid for the glass so that's not a factor.  Since our shower half walls are built with 2 x 4 the 1/2" HardiBacker, 1/4" of mortar then the tile I have made a new wall called "Shower Pony Wall" with those layers.  What I was hoping for is to have the ability to change the surface material (tile) on the half wall to whatever the project requires without effecting any other wall.  However, When I first draw the shower wall using my new wall it is fine showing the default tile I used to create the wall and all other wall surface still show painted drywall.  The issue is when I go into the shower wall and change the tile to a new tile it changes every wall surface to that tile.  Any thoughts?

post-180-0-71201800-1438010951_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-77891400-1438010961_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-75469500-1438010970_thumb.jpg

If you want separate materials for different surfaces, you need to define separate materials, otherwise every surface with that material will be affected by the material change. There's a lot of requests to be able to paint one wall at a time but there's nothing like that in Chief yet, so you either need to break the wall where needed and apply a different material or apply a material region to just the area you want to change.

Im not painting the wall.  I created a new wall and it should have its own materials without effecting any others.  It would be like if it changed the brick on a house and it changes all the walls to brick